Get Your Tickets For The 2019 Science of Beer Event
Every year, the Pink Palace hosts awesome fundraisers for its educational programs. The first one for 2019 is the annual Science of Beer, and tickets are going fast.
The 6th annual Science of Beer is Friday, January 18 from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Regular tickets are $47.57 and VIP tickets are $68.27. This will sell out, so get your tickets here for a chance to learn all about the science behind what makes beer great, and to taste food and brews from local restaurants and breweries from all over.
- Crosstown Brewing has created a special Mexican Hot Chocolate Stout that will be paired with Maciel’s food. This sounds straight-up deloycious.
- Bailey Spaulding from Nashville’s Jackelope Brewing is giving a talk about the history of women in brewing.
- Memphis Filling Station is providing custom glassware and tasty brews for all ticket-holders.
- Wiseacre Brewing will serve their Irusu Rice Lager and pair it with Lucky Cat Ramen (!!)
- Memphis Made is serving up a special Shrunken Head IPA
Plus, you can expect all the local breweries and distributors (A.S. Barbaro, Boscos, Flat Hat, Ghost River, High Cotton, Meddlesome) and others from out-of-town (Abita, Diamond Bear, Earthbound, Southern Prohibition) plus homebrewers, who always have the most interesting stuff (Bluff City Brew Works, Cooper House Project, Memphis Brewers Association, Midsouth Malts).
The Pink Palace won’t leave you hungry, though. Local restaurants are also coming in to hand out snacks. In addition to those mentioned above, you can try:
- Elwood’s Shack (word on the street is that they might serve something from Elwood’s Shells)
- Garibaldi’s Pizza
- Gus’s Fried Chicken
- Flying saucer
- Metro eats
- One and Only BBQ
- South of Beale
- J. Brooks Coffee
- Wolf River Popcorn
The VIP folks will get to try Cooper House Project, Margie’s 901 Ice Cream, RP Tracks, and Taziki’s.
Cerrito Trivia is doing Memphis History and Beer Science trivia, and there’s a game corner sponsored by Southland Gaming, 901Games, and Bluff City Pinball.
For you beer nerds, don’t mind the aforementioned “Brew Like A Girl” lecture, demos from Center for Applied Earth Sciences and Engineering Research (CAESER), the Rhodes chemistry department, and Wiseacre’s education department.
Again, get your tix here.
2019 Science of Beer
Pink Palace Museum & Mansion
January 18, 2019
6:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m
21+ (DD tickets are available, but it’s still 21+)