5 Things To Do This Weekend: 2/1 – 2/3
Happy Friday, Memphis! Here are the five things you won’t want to miss this weekend.
But first, don’t miss all the goodies from the blog this week: a bunch of giveaways, free tickets to the Lucero Block Party, a new coffee shop in the Pinch, your guide to the Super Bowl in Memphis, and this spring’s crawfish fests & boils.
1. Cirque Du Soleil: Coreto, FedExForum, Jan. 31 – Feb. 3, $65 and up, all ages/kid-friendly
The world-famous Cirque Du Soleil is coming to Memphis this Thursday through Saturday, with amazing acrobatics, crazy costumes, and their usual quirky comedy.
2. Sweet Street, Broad Avenue, Friday, 5 p.m. – 8 p.m., $5, all ages/kid-friendly
It’s First Fridays on Broad with a sweet twist! Local businesses will offer treat samples all night. Just go to a participating biz first, get your punchcard, and then take it around to the rest.
3. TEDxMemphis, Crosstown Arts Theater, Saturday, 9:30 a.m. – 4 p.m., $85 day pass/$50 for sessions, mature teens + adults
If you’re a fan of TED Talks, you need to get to Crosstown on Saturday for TEDxMemphis. It’s an independently organized TED event where you can hear snappy, fast-paced speeches like Brandice Daniel (CEO of Harlem’s Fashion Row) and Anasa Troutman (Executive Director of Clayborn Temple). You can go to the morning session, the afternoon session, or both.
4. Chinese New Year, Children’s Museum of Memphis, Saturday, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., $15, all ages/kid-friendly
Ring in the Year of the Pig with fun activities like a dragon dance, Chinese painting, crafts, paper folding, and a snack. Admission is included in admission Give the Carousel a ride while you’re there if you haven’t yet.
5. Bluff City Polar Bear Plunge and Chili Cook-Off, Mud Island River Park, Saturday,10:30 a.m., all ages/kid-friendly, free to enter
This Memphis tradition is a chance to cool off (read: freeze) with a quick plunge in the river before warming up (read: stuffing your face) with some competition chili. It’s $50 per person (minimum) to take the plunge, and it all benefits the Special Olympics.
Yes, it’s the weekend of the Superb Owl.We have a whole slew of Memphis Super Bowl events. Check out the full guide here.
Don’t forget, Tuck Everlasting continues at Playhouse on the Square.
Check out more on the blog’s calendar here.