Places Open On Thanksgiving In Memphis 2018
Thanksgiving is nigh! If you’re not in the cooking mood, or if you want to go out after you wake up from your afternoon food coma, here’s a running list of places that will be open in Memphis on Thanksgiving.
In this post, you’ll find two sections:
1. Places open for lunch or brunch or earlier in the day. Most of these require reservations.
2. Places that don’t open until 4 p.m.-ish or later.
3. Places open on Black Friday in Memphis (spoiler alert: almost everywhere).
This list is in-progress. If you are a restaurant that wants to share your holiday hours for Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Year’s, please leave a comment on this post with ALL the details (hours, menu options, any special instructions, or a link to all that information).
Here’s the list:
1. Places open during the day (or at least before 5 p.m.) on Thanksgiving Day (November 22, 2018)
Tips: You must make reservations. Most places have kids’ pricing, but I’ve just listed the adults price here. Prices do not include tax, gratuity, or alcohol.
– Bounty on Broad will be open on Thanksgiving Day from noon until 8 p.m. with a special Thanksgiving menu. Something really cool: Bounty is partnering with the Family Safety Center to provide a meal to families this season. They will be accepting donations for the non-profit (which benefits survivors of domestic violence) from diners throughout the day on 11/22. Amazing food and giving back? Nothing could be more Memphis than that.
– The Cupboard (1400 Union Ave.) will be open on Thanksgiving from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
– Fleming’s (6245 Poplar Ave.) will open at 11 a.m. with a three-course Thanksgiving menu. Call for reservations.
– Holiday Inn at The University of Memphis always serves Thanksgiving buffet with several seatings, and it usually sells out quickly. It’s usually about $40 for adults, plus tax and gratuity. Call for reservations and details.
– The Kitchen at Shelby Farms will serve Thanksgiving dinner from noon to 8 p.m. $44 for adults and $19 for children. Please call for reservations.
– The Lookout at Bass Pro Shops at the Pyramid is taking reservations on Thanksgiving from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Reservations required.
– Paulette’s (50 Harbortown Square) will be open from 11 a.m. – 8 p.m. The three course meal is between $49.95 – $55.95 per person, plus tax and gratuity. They do have a kids’ menu. Call or go online for reservations.
– Seasons 52 (6085 Poplar Ave.) will serve a Thanksgiving meal, and I’m assuming they’re open regular hours (11 a.m. – 10 p.m.) $27.95 for adults, plus tax + gratuity. Call or go online for reservations. Menu.
– Terrace at the River Inn (On the roof of 50 Harbortown Square) will be open from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. The three course meal is $50- $60 per person, and they do have a kids’ menu. Call or go online for reservations.
– Texas De Brazil (150 Peabody Place Ste. 103) is usually open for lunch and dinner with their usual bonkers buffet plus Thanksgiving stuff. Call for reservations and details.
– The Tree Leaf Tea Room (2780 Bartlett Blvd.) will serve Thanksgiving dinner from 2 p.m to 7 p.m. $18 adults/$9 children. Reservations strongly recommended.
2. Places open in the evening/late afternoon on Thanksgiving (November 22, 2018)
– Andy B’s bowling alley in Bartlett is open 5 p.m. – midnight with half-off two hour bowling specials + $3.19 shoe rental.
– Bar DKDC (964 Cooper St.) is hosting Jacksgiving with Jack Oblivian starting at 10:30 p.m. There will be a cover charge.
– Billy Hardwick’s bowling alley will be open from 5 p.m. to midnight and it’s $10 per person for two hours (which includes shoe rental).
– Flying Saucer Cordova and Downtown are usually open from 5 p.m. to midnight.
– Celtic Crossing will open at 4 p.m.
– Chuckles Comedy House hosts Tyler Craig live on Thanksgiving (actually, November 21 – 25) at 7 p.m. Advanced tickets are $17.50.
– Growlers (1911 Poplar Ave.) will open in the evening and show action movies (including Terminator and Sin City) starting at 7 p.m.
– The Hi-Tone (412 N. Cleveland) will have a Super T Thanksgiving show with a $15 cover ($10 in advance). Doors for the show open at 9 p.m. 18+. There’s a good chance the bar will open at 5 p.m. like always.
– Kooky Canuck will open at 5 p.m. on Thanksgiving at both of their locations – downtown and Cordova.
– Lafayette’s Music Room in Overton Square will open at 3 p.m. and have Ashton Riker CD release party and performance at 6 p.m.
– Memphis Sounds Lounge hosts the PC Band (280 Island Drive) for a night of music and dancing from 6 p.m. to 1 a.m. $15 cover.
– The Pumping Station (1342 Poplar Ave.) will be open at 3 p.m.
– R.P. Tracks usually opens at 5 p.m. Will confirm.
– Young Avenue Deli usually opens at 5 p.m. Will confirm.
– The Zebra Lounge in Overton Square will be open for normal hours (6 p.m. – 2 a.m. on Thursdays) with live music and no cover.
3. Places Open And Things To Do In Memphis and the Mid-South on Black Friday.
Every year, people ask me what’s open on Black Friday or what to do on Black Friday in Memphis. Short answer: Most Everywhere Is Open. My suggestion is call ahead to double check wherever you’re going.
Here’s a list of things to do. Check out the weekend guide for…well, the weekend guide.
All Weekend Including Things To Do On Black Friday In Memphis
– Go to Zoo Lights
– Go to Starry Nights at Shelby Farms
– Go to Holiday Wonders at the Botanic Garden
– Go see the lights at Graceland
– Go see the Enchanted Forest at the Pink Palace
Things To Do On Black Friday In Memphis (November 23)
– Go to the Houston v. Memphis football game at the Liberty Bowl COME ON SUPPORT OUR TIGERS!!!!!!!
– Black Friday at Memphis Made Brewing
– Germantown Tree Lighting
– Peabody Tree Lighting
– Firepit Fridays at the River Garden
– A Night of Praise and Thanksgiving at Cook Convention Center
– The Pink Palace is screening Polar Express and National Lampoon Christmas
– Railgarten hosts Ghost Town Blues Band
– Memphis Arts Collective hosts their opening party at Crosstown Concourse
– 2nd Annual “Very Important Meeting” post-Tgiving part at Ghost River
– Shop to The Death (Not Really) Party at Meddlesome
If you would like to add your establishment to this list (or the list for Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, or New Year’s Day) email email@example.com.
If you have special events or parties for any of these holidays, submit to the calendar.