5 Things To Do This Weekend: 3/30 – 4/1
Happy Passover! Happy Easter! Happy weekend! Here are the five things you won’t want to miss in Memphis.
Here’s your list:
1. South Main Trolley Night, Friday, 5 p.m. – 9 p.m. free, all ages
It’s time for the monthly trolley night, full of open houses and gallery openings. Music at South Main Sounds, E&H, and The Vault. There’s an opening reception for MLK50: Beyond the Balcony at Art Village Gallery.
2. Katori Hall’s The Mountaintop, Halloran Centre, Friday – Sunday, $50, 13+
Looking towards the MLK50 Anniversary next week, The Mountaintop is showing at the Halloran Centre this weekend Friday through Sunday. The play, written by Olivier Award winner is the fictional depiction of the Reverend Martin Luther King Jr.’s last night on earth set entirely in Room 306 of the Lorraine Motel on the eve of his assassination. Something to know about the playwright – Katori Hall is not only a Memphis native, but she’s the new Artistic Director for the Haittlo Theater.
3. Fool Fest 2018, Shangri-La Records, Saturday, 2 p.m. – 5 p.m., free to attend, all ages
Buy cheap 45s, CDS, and more, plus free live tunes from Alicja-Pop, Model Zero and more.
4. Condomonium, Playhouse on the Square, Saturday, 7 p.m. – 10 p.m., $25 – $100
Local designers create stunning fashion pieces made of condoms as a fundraiser for CHOICES. Check out the living art show, live music, food and cocktails.
5. River Series, Harbor Town Amphitheater, Sunday, 15 and 29, 3 p.m., $5, all ages/kid-friendly
Kick off the River Series with music from Coco Hames (check out a super fun song from her 2017 album below) with Little Bandit on Sunday afternoon. DJs start at 3 p.m., bands start at 4 p.m., and your $5 donation benefits The Maria Montessori School. There’s Wiseacre beer and food, too.