5 Things To Do This Weekend: 2/23 – 2/25
Happy Friday, Memphis! Here are the five things to do this weekend.
Also, ICYMI, the Beale Street Music Fest 2018 Lineup was announced this week: see it here.
Heres’ the list:
1. Art/Trolley Night, South Main Arts District, Friday, 6 p.m. – 9 p.m., free, all ages, kid-friendly
It’s time for the monthly night of open houses and live music on South Main. Find bands at South Main Sounds, The Vault, Dirty Crow, Earnestine & Hazel’s, The Arcade, and more. Art Village Gallery will host an opening reception for its new exhibit, Nevertheless She Persisted, and South Main market will have pop-ups from Buttercream Bunny Bakery and Memphis Snowhaus snow cream (read more here). Many of the businesses and galleries usually have free drinks or snacks as well.
2. Grizzlies v. Cavaliers, Friday, 7 p.m., prices vary, all ages/kid-friendly
It’s a Grizz game! It’s fun even if we lose! Go team! Tonight they play you-know-you.
3. I AM A MAN Commemoration, Orpheum Theatre, Saturday, 9 a.m. – noon, free, all ages
The City hosts this event in honor of MLK50. From the FB event: In the spirit of King and to honor the Sanitation Workers of 1968, you are invited to gather at the Orpheum Theatre to commemorate the I AM A MAN marches. Join us for live entertainment, speakers, and fellowship at this once in a lifetime experience.
4. Mix-Odyssey, Propcellar, Saturday, 7 p.m. – 10 p.m., $75, 21+
Support Volunteer Odyssey by tasting seven cocktail samples, voting on your faves, plus enjoy free-flowing Wiseacre beer, a DJ, fortune telling, a jewelry pull, selfie station, and food pairings. Read more.
5. Soup Sunday, FedExForum, Sunday, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m., $20 adults/$10 kids, all ages, kid-friendly
There is so much food at Soup Sunday, they have to put it all in FedExForum. With your ticket you’ll get to try samples of soup, bread, dessert, and other specialities from about 50 of the area’s best restaurants and catering companies. There will be live music and fun stuff for the kids too.
For more ideas, check out the blog’s full calendar.