Your Memphis Guide To Super Bowl 52
Looking for 2019’s Super Bowl? Click here for the 2019 Super Bowl 53 Memphis Guide.
Super Bowl 52 is on February 4, 2018, and it’s going to be a very #MemphisSuperBowl. Why? A) JT performs at halftime, B) two former Memphis Tigers kickers go head to head, Stephen Gostkowski and Jake Elliott. Cool.
Whether you’re going out or staying in on Super Bowl Sunday, here’s your guide to the big game’s food, drink, and festivities in Memphis.
Super Bowl 52
New England Patriots v. Philadelphia Eagles
5:30 p.m. CST on NBC
This is meant to be a continuously updated list. Feel free to add your Super Bowl ideas in the comments.
1. Where To Watch: places doing specials and parties.
– Celtic Crossing will host a Superb Owl Party at 5 p.m. with drink specials (including $10 beer buckets and $5 Jameson), hot wings, door prizes, and raffles.
– Flying Saucer Cordova hosts and Superbowl party starting at 5:30 p.m. with $3 pints throughout the evening.
– Ghost River Brewing hosts a pre-game brunch with Flying Sobie’s (they have new boneless wings in seven flavors), live music at 2 p.m., and the game on at 5:30 p.m.
– All the Huey’s locations will have 2-for-1 domestic drafts and 2-for-1 well drinks, plus their usual wings and burgers.
– Loflin Yard will host a watch party with lots of drinks specials ($4 well drinks, $5 snacks, $3 off fancy cocktails) starting at 5 p.m.
– Railgarten will have drink specials – including $5 snacks and shooters – from 4 p.m. – 7 p.m. before the game.
Here are some other places to watch, in no particular order. Let me know your favorite spots and I’ll add them to the list.
Max’s Sports Bar
Local on the Square
Young Avenue Deli
The Second Line
East + ‘burbs:
Kooky Canuck Cordova
2. What To Eat: where to get hot wings or order delivery
Super Bowl = Food = Hot Wings for many people. Here are some (but not all) of the best places in Memphis to get them, in no particular order. Below that is a short list of great places that deliver.
Places That Deliver: plan ahead and call early. Individual restaurants may have geographic delivery restrictions. It might be worth calling places several days/week ahead of time to find out individual establishments’ ordering and delivery policies due to high demand.
– Aldo’s Pizza (downtown and midtown locations deliver to their neighborhoods, respectively)
– Bardog (downtown only)
– Little Italy
– Jet’s Pizza
– Trolley Stop
– Young Ave. Deli (Cooper Young area only)
Obviously, we have UberEats and BiteSquad, too. I’ve had good experiences with both, but BiteSquad’s driver wear uniforms and have warming bags for your food.
3. Other Places/Things That Might Be Helpful For Your Super Bowl Sunday Consumption Needs
– Cash Saver is helpful for their cheap beer selection and growler filling station.
– Don’t forget Fresh Market, Whole Foods, and Kroger for prepared foods.
Memphis Tigers will get a kick out of the Super Bowl in 2 weeks. Stephen “Gotti” Gostkowski vs. Jake “The Make” Elliott. Two best kickers in Memphis history going head to head. pic.twitter.com/wxevZhgk6y
— Keith Lowery (@klowery21) January 22, 2018