Places Open On Thanksgiving In Memphis 2017
If you’re looking for a list of places open in Memphis for Thanksgiving in 2019, click here.
Thanksgiving is nigh! If you’re not in the cooking mood, or if you want to go out after you wake up from your afternoon food coma, here’s a running list of places that will be open in Memphis on Thanksgiving.
In this post, you’ll find:
1. Places open for lunch or brunch or earlier in the day. Most of these require reservations.
2. Places that don’t open until 4 p.m.-ish or later.
This list is in-progress. If you are a restaurant that wants to share your holiday hours for Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Year’s, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Places open during the day (before 5 p.m.) on Thanksgiving Day (November 23, 2017)
– Asia Palace (5266 Summer Ave.) will be open regular hours from 11 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. on Thanksgiving day.
– Bleu will be open from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Thanksgiving brunch is $49.95 for adults, $12.95 for kids under 12, and free for kids under 5, plus tax +gratuity. Does not include alcohol. Call for reservations.
– Capital Grille (6065 Poplar Ave.) will be open from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. with their dinner menu plus Thanksgiving favorites. The Thanksgiving meal is $39 for adults, $15 for children plus tax + gratuity. Call for reservations.
– Celtic Crossing will be open from 4 p.m. to 2 a.m. on Thanksgiving.
– The Cupboard (1400 Union Ave.) will be open on Thanksgiving from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
– Dixie Cafe (4699 Poplar Ave. and 2861 Bartlett Blvd.) will be open on Thanksgiving from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
– eighty3 (83 Madison Ave.) will be open from 11 a.m. until close and will serve a three-course Thanksgiving menu for $45 plus tax and gratuity as well as their regular menu. Make reservations.
– Holiday Inn at The University of Memphis is serving a Thanksgiving buffet with seatings at 10:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. while supplies last. The buffet is about $38 for adults and $18 for kids, plus tax and gratuity. Call for reservations.
– Neil’s Music Room (5727 Quince Rd) will be open from 11 a.m. to 3 a.m. with live music, turkey and dressing and all the trimmings.
– Paulette’s (50 Harbortown Square) will be open from 11 a.m. – 8 p.m. The three course meal is between $50 and $65 per person, plus tax and gratuity. Call for reservations.
– The Peabody Hotel will have a Thanksgiving brunch buffet on the Mezzanine from 10:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. It’s $76 for adults, $28 for kids 12 and under, and free for kids under 5, plus tax + gratuity. Call 901-529-3668 for reservations.
– Terrace at the River Inn (On the roof of 50 Harbortown Square) will be open from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. The three course meal is $50 – $60 per person. Call for reservations.
– Texas De Brazil (150 Peabody Place Ste. 103) is open from 11 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. with their usual bonkers buffet plus Thanksgiving stuff. $44.99 per person; call for reservations.
– Wang’s Mandarin House (only the 6065 Park Ave. location) will be open regular hours from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
2. Places open in the evening (after 5 p.m.) on Thanksgiving (November 23, 2017)
– Bar DKDC (964 Cooper St.) will host the Memphis Sheiks “Sheiksgiving” show at 10:30 p.m.
– Bardog downtown will be open from 5 p.m. to 3 a.m.
– Flying Saucer Cordova will be open from 5 p.m. to midnight.
– Flying Saucer Downtown will be open from 5 p.m. to midnight.
– Growlers will host The Memphis Winslows starting at 9 p.m.
– The Hi-Tone (412 N. Cleveland) will have a Super T Thanksgiving show with a $10 cover. Doors for the show open at 9 p.m. There’s a good chance the bar will open at 5 p.m. like always.
– Lafayette’s Music Room in Overton Square will have Ashton Riker perform at 6 p.m. and Ghost Town Blues Band perform at 9 p.m.
– The Pumping Station (1342 Poplar Ave.) will be open at 4 p.m. with Thanksgiving dinner served at 5 p.m.
– Railgarten will open at 5 p.m. on Thanksgiving with a DJ starting at 8 p.m.
– R.P. Tracks will be open from 5 p.m. to 3 a.m. on Thanksgiving.
– Tin Roof on Beale is hosting a party called the Turkey Twerk starting at 10 p.m., so that’s a thing.
– Young Avenue Deli will be open from 5 p.m. to 3 a.m. on Thanksgiving.
– The Zebra Lounge in Overton Square will be open for normal hours (6 p.m. – 2 a.m. on Thursdays) with live music and no cover.
Most everywhere is open on Black Friday, so I’m not going to list every restaurant in town. If you have somewhere you want to go, just give them a call ahead of time.
If you would like to add your establishment to this list (or the list for Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, or New Year’s Day) email email@example.com.
If you have special events or parties for any of these holidays, submit to the calendar.