5 Things To Do This Weekend: 11/10 – 11/12
Happy Friday, Memphis! Here are the five things you won’t want to miss in Memphis this weekend. Also, while I don’t have a ton of information, according to City permits, there will be a Veteran’s Day parade downtown this morning (Friday) at 10 a.m. on Second Street from Exchange to Monroe.
1. Rio Grande Valley Vipers v. Memphis Hustle, Landers Center, Friday, 7 p.m.. $10+, all ages/kid-friendly
This weekend is another chance to cheer on the Grizzlies’ new G-League team, The Memphis Hustle. They take on Rio Grande in Southaven on Friday night. It’s Military Appreciation Night and there will be a giveaway. If you can’t make it in person, all the Hustle games will be broadcast on Facebook Live.
2. Crafts & Drafts, Crosstown Concourse Plaza, Saturday, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., free to enter (but bring cash for purchases and beer), all ages/kid-friendly
The Memphis Flyer hosts the 3rd annual shopping and craft beer event. Head to plaza at Crosstown Concourse for 60+ local vendors, beer from local breweries, and food trucks. Be sure to bring cash for beer.
3. Binghampton International Festival, The Commons on Merton (258 N. Merton), Saturday, noon to 5 p.m., free, all ages
Celebrate the global diversity found in Binghampton at this new event. Expect food from Kaleidoscope Kitchen, a whole lineup of cultural dance and theater performances, music, and art.
4. Malted, Memphis Made Brewing, Saturday, 1 p.m. – 10 p.m., free to enter, all ages/21 to drink
From Memphis Made: “Celebrate Memphis Made Brewing’s fourth birthday with a day full of malty beer, food trucks, and live music from Harlan T. Bobo, James & the Ultrasounds, and the River City Tanlines, plus food by Yippie Trippie & the Porkstars and MemPops. Free MALTED glasses to first 50 customers.”
5. 5th Annual Howl at the Moon Party, The Warehouse, Saturday, 6 p.m. – 11 p.m., $40 adv./$50 at the door, 21+
Support the Streetdog Foundation at their annual party fundraiser featuring food, drink, music, live and silent auctions, a photo booth, and more.
A few more things I really wanted to draw attention to:
– It’s the annual Junior League Merry Marketplace Friday and Saturday at the Racquet Club.
– ESSENCE hosts “My City 4 Ways“, a day of music, art, and style featuring Memphians at Propcellar on Saturday.
– Local singer Cameron Bethany has an EP release show at Loflin Yard on Saturday at 7 p.m. and his voice is incredible.
– The Wolf River Conservancy does so much for our community, and they’re having their big fundraiser on Saturday night, so support them if you can.
– I’m spending 24 hours inside the Peabody Hotel starting this Saturday at noon. You can follow along as I explore the hotel from top to bottom via Twitter, Instagram (don’t forget to check the Stories), or the write-up next week right here on the blog.
All Weekend (check links for exact days and times)
– Voices of the South presents Animal Farm (through 11/12)
– St. George’s Art Show and Sale (through 11/11)
– Junior League Merry Marketplace at the Racquet Club (through 11/11)
– U.S. Naval Academy Glee Club Veteran’s Day Weekend at Cannon Center (11/11-11/12)
Friday, November 10
– Alternative Market at Trinity UMC
– Friday Night Dance Party at the Fourth Bluff
– Resistance Celebration at Midtown Crossing Grill
– Ono Poke Pop-Up Fridays Lunch at Ghost River
– The Music of Phineas Newborn and Calvin Newborn: Memphis Legends at Crosstown Arts
– A Krisko Country Christmas at Evergreen Theatre (through 11/18)
– Dinner at the Hibiscus Salon at Old Dominick
– Tennessee Shakespeare Company at Overton Square
– Turnout at Ballet Memphis
– The Jesus and Mary Chain at the New Daisy
– Clay Otis Benefit Show at the Hi Tone
– Thanksgiving Dessert and Craft Beer Pairing at the Casual Pint
– Unknown Hinson w/ The Hooten Hollers at Growlers
– Rio Grande Valley Vipers v. Memphis Hustle at Landers Center
Saturday, November 11
– Memphis Jingle Bell Run 5K/Walk at Audubon Park
– Veterans Day Big River Crossing Walk
– Veteran’s Day Remembrance Program at Memorial Park
– WarHorse Veteran’s Day Picnic at Loflin Yard
– Mid-South Distracted Driving Superhero 5K + Community Fair at AutoZone Park
– Holistic Health Fair at Crosstown Concourse
– My City 4 Ways at Propcellar
– Shelby Forest State Park Fall Festival
– Shop Small Saturday at Ghost River
– Dream to Dance Scholarship Auditions at Ballet On Wheels
– MALTED at Memphis Made Brewing
– Wolf River Conservancy’s Greenway Soiree at Clark Memphis Opera Center
– Streetdog Foundation’s 5th Annual Howl at the Moon at the Warehouse
– Mustache Bash at Flying Saucer Cordova
– Cameron Bethany Album Release Party at Loflin Yard
– Grizzlies at Rockets (places to watch here)
– Germantown Symphony Orchestra Young Artists Concert at GPAC
– Memphis Heritage’s Adapt-A-Door at Howard Hall
– An Evening w/ David Porter and Friends at Horseshoe Tunica
– Kim Waters & Kayla Waters In Concert at New Daisy
Sunday, November 12
– Art/Race/Violence: A Collaborative Response at Crosstown Arts
– Brunch Happy Hour and Live Music at all the Huey’s
– Brunch at the Brewery and Sunday Evening Slowdown at Ghost River
– Bicycles and Yoga at Downtown Yoga
– Kunal’s Indian Pop-Up at The Cove / Cats at The Cove
– August Alsina at the New Daisy Theatre
– Opening Reception and Gallery Talk at Metal Museum
– Do Good With Food at Bleu Restaurant
Submit your events here.