5 Things To Do This Weekend: 9/22 – 9/24
Here are the five things you won’t want to miss this weekend, plus a few extras.
Repair Days, National Ornamental Metal Museum, Friday – Sunday, free to attend, all ages
Bring your busted, rusted, and otherwise damaged metal items to the Metal Museum for a little TLC. During Repair Days, the museum’s crew of blacksmiths and metalworkers will fix your items for a fee, which benefits the museum. The days also include family friendly activities, workshops, and a dinner and auction.
BreakFest, Memphis Medical District, Saturday, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., $10 GA/$30 VIP
This year’s fest has moved from Broad Avenue to the Medical District, with teams competing in five categories (bacon, omelets, breakfast sandwich, and more) to earn the title of breakfast and brunch food champion at the second annual BreakFest. There will be games, food trucks, and live music for the general public, and Old Dominic Distillery will sponsor a Bloody Mary contest Proceeds will benefit Urban Bicycle Ministry. There will be a few tickets available at the gate.
Collierville Brewfest, Carriage Crossing, Saturday, Saturday, 4 p.m. – 7 p.m., $35, 21+
The second annual Collierville Brewfest will feature regional and local craft beer samples, food from Carriage Crossing restaurants, live music, games, 20+ local vendors, and a souvenir tasting cup.
Memphis v. Southern Illinois, Liberty Bowl, Saturday, 7 p.m., prices vary, all ages
Cheer on the Tigers at their home football game this Saturday night. Read more here.
Memphis Japan Fest, Memphis Botanic Garden, September 24, 10 a.m.-5 p.m., $5 adults/$2.50 children/free for members
Immerse yourself in Japanese music, dance, art, food, theatre, martial arts and more, surrounded by the beauty of Memphis Botanic Garden.
Don’t forget that the Mid-South Fair at the Landers Center in Southaven opens this weekend and runs through October 1.
Plus a few extras…
Friday, September 22
– Food Truck Friday at the Dixon
– Kristen Rambo Opening Reception at MCA Gallery at Playhouse on the Square
– Committed To Wrestling: State of Emergency at RSWF Arena (this is REAL!)
– Rachel Rieves Opening Reception at Eclectic Eye
– Camille Ray at Hard Rock Cafe
– Repair Days at the Metal Museum
– South Main Sounds Songwriter Night #66
– 30 Days of Opera “The Telephone” performance at Memphis Slim House (5 p.m.)
– Avett Brothers at Mud Island
– Love Light Orchestra at Railgarten
– Hattiloo’s Birthday Party at the theatre
– Harbert Porch Party
– Rolling Stones cover band/benefit at the Hi-Tone
– “Memphis Renaissance” feat. New Ballet Ensemble and the Symphony at the Levitt Shell
– MLK Soul Concert feat. Devin Crutcher at NCRM
Saturday, September 23
– Breakfest 2017 in the Memphis Medical District
– Shop Small Saturday and The Moon Glimmers at Ghost River
– Giant Tent Sale at Harley Davidson
– 2nd Annual Collierville Brewfest at Carriage Crossing
– St. Jude Walk/Run to End Childhood Cancer at St. Jude
– Bark on Broad 5K run
– Francis Klein Trunk Show at Eclectic Eye
– Pints 4 Pups fundraiser at Slider Inn
– Tour de Brewer #2 at Revolutions
– Memphis Zoo Harvest Fest
– Repair Days at the Metal Museum (feat. 30 Days of Opera)
– South City Block Party at Cornelia Crenshaw Library (feat. 30 Days of Opera)
– Germantown Horse Fair + Food Truck Festival
– Goat Yoga on a farm in Rossville (I don’t even know, y’all…)
– Authors Around Town at Two Rivers Bookstore
– Tigers V. S. Illinois Football Game at the Liberty Bowl
– Eric Hughes Band at Hard Rock Cafe
Sunday, September 24
– Brunch Happy Hour at all the Huey’s
– Brunch at the Brewery and Sunday Evening Slowdown at Ghost River
– Puppies Now, Babies Later Fundraiser featuring puppies (or bring your own) at Loflin Yard
– River Series at Harbor Town feat. Amy Lavere + Will Sexton w/ The Moon Glimmers
– Memphis Farmer’s Market Farm Party feat. Star & Micey at Loflin
– The Weight Is Over Fashion Show at Halloran Centre
– Fingertrick Acoustic Show at Hard Rock Cafe