Run, Party, and Eat For St. Jude at the Monroe Avenue Festival
Bardog Tavern and Breakway Running will host their 5K and street festival again this year, and it’s going to be bigger and better than ever. Save the date for August 20, 2017 and head down to Monroe Avenue between Front and Main.
Run the 5K downtown that morning (or don’t), then enjoy music, food, plenty of beer, a dunk tank, the annual Meatball Eating Contest, a t-shirt making booth, and best of all – it all benefits St. Jude. Last year, this event raised $37,000 for the children’s research hospital, and a total of $180,000 (wowow!!) since the 5K began.
This year, the festival will expand and take up all of Monroe from Main Street down to Front, and they’re adding a food truck court for more food options. The whole shebang lasts until 6 p.m.
What To Expect
– Food Truck Court with STIX, Fuel Cafe, Bedrock Eats & more
– VIP Tent with McEwen’s Memphis, Felicia Suzanne’s Restaurant, Bardog, Aldo’s, Jameson, Fireball, & Old Dominick
– Special beer tent with 20+ craft beers
– Live music from The Michael Brothers, Me & Leah, Marcella & Her Lovers, and DJ Superman
– Dunk Tank Fundraiser
– Sache T-Shirt Truck
– Amurica Photo Booth
– Face painting, Rockey the Redbird, balloon animals for the kids
– Grandma’s Meatball Eating Contest (sign up here)
Another big new thing for this year: Fundraising Teams. You and your friends can put together a team and raise money for St. Jude, and compete to win prizes like a $5,000 Bardog bar tab, a case of whiskey, and Aldo’s pizza gift cards. Make your team here.
Yes it’s hot because it’s Memphis in August, but there’s some shade from various tents and plenty of refreshments to be had, so don’t let that stop you. I’ve had a blast every year I’ve been.
Monroe Avenue Festival
August 20, 2017
9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Monroe between Front and Main
(near Bardog Tavern)