Places To Sing Karaoke In Memphis
Sing your heart out, Memphis! Here are 13 karaoke spots in Memphis.
(From contributor Blake Marcum. Updated June 2017)
Have one to add? This list is just getting started. Let us know your favorite, best Memphis karaoke night in the comments.
1. The Windjammer (786 E Brookhaven Cir.): The Windjammer is the 901’s capital for karaoke fun. Every night it is packed with the greatest variety of Memphians and musical choices. Shots and beers are always in style while impressing the bachelorette parties, cougars, and young college kids learning the joys of sugary alcoholic drinks.
2. The Cove (2559 Broad Ave) – Starting at 9PM on Wednesdays you can enjoy Memphis karaoke in the laid-back setting of The Cove, while enjoying some tasty drinks and your favorite pirate-bar atmosphere.
3. The P&H (1532 Madison Ave), Friday nights starting at 11 p.m. you can be engulfed in smoke and the sweet sounds of P&H patron crooining their favorite Memphis karaoke tunes. Grab a pitcher of beer, pick out some songs, and enjoy a great vibe. The last time I went to P&H for karaoke, I loved that people sang along and got into it as much as I loved the Febreeze that saved my jacket the next day.
4. Dru’s Bar (1474 Madison Ave) – Dru’s Place LOVES karaoke and loves when their patrons sing it. I’ve been once before and though at first the regulars there that night and I didn’t seem to have a lot in common, once I sang a few 80s hits, we were friends for life. Dru’s has Memphis karaoke Wednesday at 8 p.m., Friday 9 p.m. – 1 a.m., Saturday 11:30 p.m. – 2:30 a.m., and Sunday at 8 p.m. I highly recommend it.
5. Automatic Slim’s (83 S. 2nd Street) – Slim’s has karaoke on Martini Monday, starting at 9 p.m. The $4 martinis are from 5 p.m.-close, so you’ve got four good hours to get your liquid courage going and think up some great songs to sing!
6. Ubee’s (521 S. Highland Street) – Ubee’s has karaoke on Wednesdays, with their infamous “Animal hour” drink specials from 9 p.m. – 10 p.m. Embrace your youth and your liver while singing some hit jams at this place to sing karaoke in Memphis.
7. The Blue Monkey (2012 Madison Ave.) – The Monkey’s midtown location hosts karaoke every Thursday. Hop up on the stage, enjoy some great food and drinks, and enjoy the Monkey’s great atmosphere.
8. RockHouse Live (5709 Raleigh Lagrange Road) – Every Monday is karaoke and steak night at RockHouse Live. Show up, eat meat and bring the rock to the mic. Or sing Careless Whisper and let us know how the crowd reacted. We think they’ll love it.
9. Lucchesi’s Beer Garden (84 S. Reese Street) – Lucchesi’s hosts their Get Drunk & Sing karaoke the last Saturday of each month. Regulars have been known to issue optional karaoke theme challenges to the crowd (80’s, duets, soundtrack songs, etc…). Fellas, you might even get called on to join the Beer Garden Men’s Choir for a song or get to sing along with this star. Here is your video evidence.
10. Stanley BBQ (2110 Madison Ave) – Overton Square’s new BBQ joint kicks off the week with karaoke every Monday at 9PM. They even built a stage to give you that star feeling while singing.
11. TJ Mulligans (1817 Kirby Parkway) – Karaoke with DJ SuperBrad starts at 9PM every Saturday. Beers and karaoke in East Memphis can’t be a bad combination.
12. TJ Mulligans (8071 Trinity Road) – Every Thursday out in Cordova, you can rock the mic suburban style starting at 9PM.
13. Huey’s Southaven (7090 Malco Boulevard) – Every Monday, practice your “The Voice” audition at Huey’s in North Mississippi from 9 p.m. – 12 a.m. with happy hour specials until late.
About the Author
Blake Marcum was born and raised in the 901 and now lives in Midtown, helping people vicariously live out their dreams on social media, if those dreams involve beer and barbecue. He’s a contributor to I Love Memphis,Memphis Travel, and MemphisCraftBeer.com. A Grand Champion of BBQ Fest (2013) and BBQ judge, he really knows BBQ. Pairing that with his love of craft beer, he’s a great representative of the fun side of the Bluff City. Blake loves the investment going into Memphis and believes the best is yet to come. Follow him on Twitter at@blakeandbrew.