5 Things To Do This Weekend: 6/16 – 6/18
Happy Father’s Day weekend, Memphis! Here are the five things you won’t want to miss, plus a few extras.
1. Juneteenth Urban Music Festival, Robert Church Park, Friday – Sunday, free to enter, all ages
Juneteenth commemorates African American freedom and emphasizes education and achievement. Celebrate Juneteenth with lots of live music, vendors, a car show, kids play area and much more.
2. Outdoors Inc. Canoe and Kayak Race, Greenbelt Park, Saturday, 10 a.m., free to watch, $50-$100 to participate
More than 500 people will dip their paddles into the Mississippi River in one of the largest canoe and kayak races in the Southeast. Now in its 35th year, the race will benefit Church Health, Wolf River Conservancy, Overton Park Conservancy and Shelby Farms Park. Go here to register for the race.
3. Soulsville Record Swap, Stax Museum, Saturday, 11 a.m. – 4 p.m., free, all ages
Goner Records and the STAX Museum are teaming up for the second annual Soulsville Record Swap. Record dealers from Memphis and around the U.S. will be at the Stax Museum for a record show featuring music from all genres. DJs will play sets all day and food trucks will be on site. $5 gets you admission to the swap, $10 gets you early admission at 10 a.m.
4. Murphy’s 40th Anniversary, 1589 Madison, Saturday, 10 p.m.-Midnight, 21 and over
Murphy’s celebrates 40 years of great times with great music, food and beverages. Drink specials and music by River City Tanlines and The Fast Mothers. Doors open at 9 p.m.
5. Artistik Lounge 5th Anniversary, 1884 Lounge at Minglewood Hall, Sunday June 18th, doors at 7 p.m., $10 at the door, 18 and over
Come celebrate the 5th anniversary of the artistic connectors and collaborators of our city, Artistik Approach and TamED Productions. You’ll hear soul, rap, jazz, hip-hop, and blues harmonies fuse for a sincerely synergetic night. See more live music in Memphis this weekend (and the coming weeks) on the June Listen Up guide.
I don’t have Margarita Fest on here because it’s totally sold out and you can’t get tickets at the door.
Head to the calendar for even more.