Places Open On Thanksgiving In Memphis 2016
Thanksgiving is nigh! If you’re not in the cooking mood, or if you want to go out after you wake up from your afternoon food coma, here’s a running list of places that will be open in Memphis on Thanksgiving.
In this post, you’ll find:
1. Places open for lunch or brunch or at least before 5 p.m
2. Places that don’t open until 5 p.m. or later.
This list is in-progress. I will be updating off and on Nov. 16 and once daily after that, so definitely check back.
1. Places open during the day (before 5 p.m.) on Thanksgiving Day (November 24, 2016)
– Bleu will be open from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Thanksgiving brunch is $49.85 for adults, $20 for kids under 12, and free for kids under 5, plus tax +gratuity. Call 901-334-5950 for reservations.
– Capital Grille (6065 Poplar Ave.) will be open from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. with their dinner menu plus Thanksgiving favorites. The Thanksgiving meal is $38 for adults, $15 for children plus tax + gratuity. Call (901) 683-9291 for reservations.
– Capriccio Grill is open from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. The three course meal is $38 per person, $16 for children under 12, plus tax + gratuity. Call 901-529-4199 for reservations.
– Chez Philippe is having Thanksgiving dinner from 3 p.m. – 8 p.m. The meal is $95 per person plus tax + gratuity. Call 901-529-4188 for reservations.
– Celtic Crossing will be open from 2 p.m. to 2 a.m. on Thanksgiving.
– The Cupboard (1400 Union Ave.) will be open on Thanksgiving from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
– Dixie Cafe (4699 Poplar Ave. and 2861 Bartlett Blvd.) will be open on Thanksgiving from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
– eighty3 (83 Madison Ave.) will be open from 10:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. and will serve a Thanksgiving menu as well as their regular menu. Make reservations by calling (901) 333-1224.
– Holiday Inn at The University of Memphis is serving a Thanksgiving buffet, and the 10:30 a.m. time is the only one available still. The buffet is about $35 for adults and $17 for kids, plus tax and gratuity. Call 901-678-8200 for reservations and more details.
– Neil’s Music Room (5727 Quince Rd) will be open from 11 a.m. to 3 a.m. with live music.
– Paulette’s (50 Harbortown Square) will be open from 11 a.m. – 8 p.m. The three course meal is between $50 and $65 per person, plus tax and gratuity. Call 901-260-3300 for reservations.
– The Peabody Hotel will have a Thanksgiving brunch buffet on the Mezzanine from 10:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. It’s $76 for adults, $22 for kids 12 and under, and free for kids under 5, plus tax + gratuity. Call 901-529-3668 for reservations.
– Terrace at the River Inn (On the roof of 50 Harbortown Square) will be open from noon to 7 p.m. The three course meal is $50 – $60 per person. Call 901-260-3366 for reservations.
2. Places open in the evening (after 5 p.m.) on Thanksgiving (November 24, 2016)
– Bar DKDC (964 Cooper St.) will host the Memphis Sheiks “Sheiksgiving” show at 10 p.m.
– Bardog Tavern (73 Monroe) will be open from 5 p.m. – 3 a.m.
– Flying Saucer Cordova will be open from 5 p.m. to 2 a.m.
– Flying Saucer Downtown will be open from 5 p.m. to 2 a.m.
– The Hi-Tone (412 N. Cleveland) will have a Super T Thanksgiving show with a $10 cover. Doors for the show open at 10 p.m. The bar *should* open at 5 p.m. like always.
– Huey’s has several locations open on Thanksgiving: Midtown (6 p.m. – 10 p.m.), Cordova (5 p.m. – 2 a.m.), Poplar Ave. (5 p.m. – 1 a.m.), Germantown (5 p.m. – 1 a.m.)
– Lafayette Music Room in Overton Square will have Beatles N Big Starz with Brandon McGovern and David Smith peforms at 6 p.m. and John Kilzer perform at 9 p.m.
– The Pumping Station (1342 Poplar Ave.) will be open from 3 p.m. to 3 a.m. and will have a Thanksgiving buffet.
– R.P. Tracks will be open from 5 p.m. to 3 a.m. on Thanksgiving.
– Young Avenue Deli will be open from 5 p.m. to 3 a.m. on Thanksgiving.
– The Zebra Lounge in Overton Square will be open for normal hours (6 p.m. – 2 a.m. on Thursdays) with live music and no cover.
Most everywhere is open on Black Friday, so I’m not going to list every restaurant in town. If you have somewhere you want to go, just give them a call ahead of time.
If you would like to add your establishment to this list, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Holiday 2016 Hours” with your hours for both Nov. 24 and 25. Only emails with this subject line will be considered for once-daily updates to this post unless you are replying to a message from me via email or other social media.
If you would like to submit your establishment’s hours for Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, or New Year’s Day (PLEASE DO) email email@example.com with the subject line “Holiday 2016 Hours”. If you have special events or parties for any of these holiday, submit to the calendar.