2016 Memphis Holiday Markets and Shopping Guide
Believe it or not, the holidays are just around the corner. If you want to shop local or support Memphis makers when buying gifts for your loved ones, this post is for you.
Here’s a list of holiday markets and sales in the Memphis area. I’d love to add more to the list, so please submit your event here to be included.
– Cooper Young Community Farmer’s Market, First Congo parking lot, Saturdays year-round, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Cooper Young Farmers Market switches to Winter Market hours and vendors starting November 5. Shop for local produce and pre-made foods, Memphis Made beer, and handmade items (all-natural beauty supplies, jewelry, crafts and more).
– Junior League Merry Marketplace, Racquet Club (5111 Sanderlin Ave.), November 10 – 12, $10 – $30
Shop for handmade gifts with proceeds benefiting the mission of the Junior League (support local women and children in need). Click here for exact hours and special events.
– Crafts and Drafts, Autumn Ave. and N. Watkins (behind Crosstown Arts), November 12, 10 a.m – 4 p.m.
Local vendors will sell arts and crafts while you sample local craft brews; there will be music, food trucks, and a kids’ area, too.
– MCA’s 66th Annual Holiday Bazaar, Rust Hall (1930 Poplar Avenue), November 18 – 19, $25 Preview Night/Saturday free
Memphis’ original artist market returns this year with a carefully curated collection of handmade gifts and fine art. The Bazaar kicks off with an Early Bird Sale & Reception on Friday, Nov. 18 from 5–10 p.m. ($25/person, cash bar), and continues on Saturday, Nov. 19 from 10 a.m.–5 p.m. with an Open Market sale (free admission, cash bar inside, food trucks on site). Proceeds benefit the artists as well as the MCA Scholarship Fund.
– Memphis Potters Guild Annual Holiday Show & Sale, Memphis Botanic Garden, Nov. 18 – 20, free to enter
Local artists will sell porcelain, stoneware, earthenware, ceramics, and more. The opening reception is Friday, Nov. 18 from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. and the market is open Saturday, Nov. 19 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday, Nov. 20 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
– Holiday Store, Metal Museum, November 20 – January 1, times TBA
Handmade metal items -everything from jewelry to serving ware to ornaments – will be for sale at the Metal Museum all through the holidays. For product previews and more info, go here.
– Memphis Arts Collective Market, 1501 Union Avenue, Nov. 25 – Dec. 24
Artisan members of the Memphis Art Collective host a nearly month-long market every year; this year its opens on Friday, Nov. 25 and goes through Dec. 24. Hours and other info available soon here.
– Stock & Belle Local Vendor Market, 387 S. Main St., November 25 – 26
This South Main shop will be home to a local vendor’s market featuring original art, clothing, jewelry, cards, and more. It will be open for Black Friday’s Trolley Night and Small Business Saturday. Times and details on the way.
– Modern Handmade Memphis Holiday Market, Various Locations, Nov. 14-19, Dec. 10-11, more tba, hours vary
Shop from tons of local “makers” (think Etsy pros) at this series of annual holiday markets. They’ll have a Preview Pop-Up at 101 St. Main on Monday, Nov. 14 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. That Pop-Up Shop (at 101 S. Main) will be open on Nov. 15th and 16th from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., on the 17th and 18th from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., and Sunday the 19th from noon to 5 p.m. They’re also doing a Weekend Market at Summer and White Station on Dec. 10 and 11.
– Broad Avenue Holiday Market, Broad Avenue, December 2, hours TBA
More details are forthcoming, but Broad Avenue shops and galleries will have a holiday market day on the first Saturday in December.
– Southern Junkers Vintage Market, Agricenter, Dec. 2 – 3, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., $8 admission, all ages
A curated mix of more than 65 Vendors from across the U.S. featuring vintage, farmhouse style, antiques, and vintage Christmas, plus special guests Ki Nassauer and Celeste Show from Flea Market Style magazine.
– Caritas Village Holiday Market, Cartias Village, December 2-3
Shop from a great selection of affordable gifts made by local artists and artisans, a country store with jams, preserves and baked goods, and custom made ornaments for sale. Times TBA.
– Choose901 Holiday Popup Shop, December 2-3
Choose 901’s 3rd annual holiday shop will offer t-shirts, Choose 901 merch, Memphis-themed art, and more in a TBD location. Hours TBA as well.
– Memphis Farmer’s Market, GE Patterson and S. Front, December 10, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Shop with all your favorite fame’s market vendors plus a few extras for the holidays.
– Indie Memphis Holiday Market, Muddy’s Midtown, December 10, 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
This curated market features carefully selected artisans, vendors, and makers offering their wares in the Muddy’s Midtown backyard. There will be 20+ booths, music, and food trucks.
If you have any shopping events or markets to add, please submit the info here.