Memphis Oktoberfests and Fall Beer Fests 2016
Here’s a list of Memphis Oktoberfests and other Memphis fall beer festivals this year.
1. Schweinehaus Oktoberfest, Schweinehaus (Overton Square), Saturday, September 24, 11 a.m. – 10 p.m., free to enter, all ages/21 to drink
Schweinehaus’ Oktoberfest features the annual Preztel Eating and Stein Hold Contest, food and drink specials, and live music from the Po Boys from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
2. Collierville Brewfest, Carriage Crossing, Saturday, September 24, 1 p.m. – 4 p.m., 21+
The first-ever Collierville Brewfest will feature regional and local craft beer samples, food from Carriage Crossing restaurants, live music, games, and a souvenir tasting cup.
3. Wiseacre Oktoberfest, Saturday, September 24, 1 p.m. – 10 p.m., free to enter, all ages/21 to drink
Wiseacre will have special beers, $1 off Oktoberfest pints if you dress up (German stuff or just ridiculous), food from BBQ Experience (brats, German stuff) and music from the Mighty Souls Brass Band.
4. High Cotton Oktoberfest, Saturday, October 8, noon to 5 p.m., $40, all ages/21 to drink
For a $40 all-inclusive ticket, High Cotton will provide “free flowing taps” of beer including special releases, Bavarian food from Central BBQ, and live music. Kids under 10 are free and DD tickets (entry only, no food) are $10.
5. Cooper-Young Regional Beer Fest, 795 S. Cooper, October 22, 1 p.m. – 5 p.m., $40, 21 and up
More than 30 regional breweries with more than 100 local beers, a limited number of tickets (so, shorter lines), food, live music, and a whole lot of fun at this annual festival.
6. Symphonic Fermentation Fair, Wiseacre, Saturday, October 29, 3 p.m. – 7 p.m., $30, 21+
Wiseacre is doing something a little different for the release of their Red Wine Barrel Aged American Wild Ale Symphonic (whatever that is! it sounds delicious! I’ll drink it!) Your tickets includes six beer pairings with food, more beer, and entertainment. See the full menu here.
7. JDRF Brew For A Cure, Cadre Building, Friday, November 4, 7:30 p.m. – 11 p.m., $65, 21+
Support the Junior Diabetes Research Fund at the Cadre Building downtown with local beers and home brews plus plenty of delicious food.
Did I miss something? Just submit it here.
Love beer? check out the Memphis Beer Lovers guide.