5 Things To Do This Weekend: 9/23 – 9/25
Happy Friday, Memphis! Here are the five things you won’t want to miss this weekend.
Also: Wiseacre will have their Oktoberfest on Saturday (see a full list of Oktoberfests here), Breakfest is on Saturday, but they’re likely to sell out any minute (more info here), the River Series at Harbor Town kicks off this weekend, and there’s a U of M Tigers football game.
– Tamale Fest, Caritas Village, September 24, 2 p.m. – 6 p.m., free to attend, all ages
Celebrate Latino culture, food, and community this Saturday at the 2nd annual Tamale Festival benefitting Centro Cultural. Read all the details here.
– MEMFIX: Film Row, Film Row (South 2nd Street – GE Patterson to Butler Ave.), September 24, 11 a.m. – 5 p.m., free, all ages
The 7th edition of the MEMFix pre-vitalization and neighborhood activation program is this fall in downtown Memphis’ “Film Row” district – near the National Civil Rights Museum. More details here.
– Repair Days, National Ornamental Metal Museum, September 22 – 25, free to attend, all ages
Bring your busted, rusted, and otherwise damaged metal items to the Metal Museum for a little TLC this October. During Repair Days, the museums’ crew of blacksmiths and metalworkers will fix your items for a fee (which benefits the museum). There are also family-friendly activities, workshops, and a dinner and auction.
– Mid-South Pride Parade and Festival, Robert Church Park / Beale St., September 23 -35, free
The annual Mid-South Pride Parade and Festival is three days of events, including a concert on the 23rd, a festival and parade on Beale on the 24th, and a brunch on the 25th. More info here. As for the Saturday events, expect vendors, live music, drag queens and kings, floats, and more than 40 participating community organizations. The parade steps off at 1 p.m. that day on Beale.
– Mid-South Fair, Landers Center, September 23 – October 2, $12 adults/$6 kids and seniors, all ages
Head to the Landers Center (in Southaven) for the annual Mid-South Fair to get your fill of funnel cakes, rides, more. It’s a solid week of rides, games, MMA fights, talent contests, a rodeo, and carnival food.