5 Things To Do This Weekend: 9/16 – 9/18
Happy Friday, Memphis! Here are the five things you won’t want to miss this weekend, plus a few extras.
1. Beauty & The Beast, Theatre Memphis, all weekend, $30/$15, all ages
You only have two weekends left to catch Beauty & The Beast at Theatre Memphis. This musical, based on the Disney film, will be performed Friday and Saturday at 8 p.m. and on Sunday at 2 p.m.
2. Dirty Dancing, Orpheum Theatre, Friday – Sunday, $25 – $135, 12 and up
This weekend is your last chance to see Dirty Dancing the musical at the Orpheum. There are shows on Friday at 8 p.m., Saturday at 2 p.m. and 8 p.m., and Sunday at 1 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.
3. Cooper-Young Festival, Cooper Young neighborhood, Saturday, 9 a.m. – 7 p.m., free to attend, all ages
The Cooper-Young Festival shuts down the intersection of Cooper and Young (and several blocks in each direction) for a gigantic – and I do mean huge – street fair. I have a lot more essential info on CY Fest right here. Don’t forget Cooper York Fest at Memphis Made (also on Sat. 9-7) and that the CY 4-Miler run is on Friday night.
4. Memphis v. Kansas Football Game, Liberty Bowl, Saturday, 11 a.m., prices vary, all ages
Cooper Young Fest and a big game on the same date? Memphis says, “why not?!” Cheer on our Tigers against the Jayhawks during this weekend’s daytime game.
5. Food Truck Rodeo + Beer Garden, Shelby Farms, Sunday, 10:30 a.m. – 2 p.m., prices vary, all ages (21 to drink)
Celebrate Shelby Farms’ improvements with a food truck rodeo and beer garden this Sunday at the Heart of the Park event lawn. Check out a photo tour of the new areas here.
Also this weekend:
– 30 Days of Opera at various locations
– MOSCOT trunk show at EclecticEye
– Food Truck Friday at the Dixon
– Cheers to Charity! Wine Tasting
– Ol’ Man River Moonshine Ball
– Cooper Young Festival 4-Miler Run
– Memphis Against Humanity comedy show
– I Love Juice Bar One Year Anniversary Celebration
– Memphis Farmers Market downtown
– 2016 MULYP Empowerment Conference
– Cooper York Festival at Memphis Made
– School of Rock showcase at Club 152 (Beatles, Radiohead, Metallica)
– Concert For Social Change
– Havana Cub All-Stars at GPAC
– Alejandro Escovedo at Buckman Performing Arts
– You Look Like Comedy Show at the P&H
– Interfaith Vigil at Civil Rights Museum
– Evergreen Presbyterian Housewarming
– Flashback at Neil’s
– Stomp in the Swamp at Lichterman Nature Center
– School of Rock showcase at Club 152 (Weezer, Jimi Hendrix)
– live music at all eight Huey’s locations