Levitt Shell Fall 2016 Lineup Announcement
The Levitt Shell announced their fall lineup of music, music films, and performing arts. A few things to know about Memphis’ Levitt Shell Free Concert Series:
- Bring chairs, blankets, coolers, picnics, any of your own food and drink – or enjoy the beer and food for sale.
- Most of the shows are free, except for a few fundraiser concerts. It’s always great to bring a couple of bucks to throw in the donation buckets, though.
- Most shows begin at 7:30 p.m., but I would get there at least a half-hour early to snag a good spot.
- Parking is a challenge. Get there early to get a spot, take a Lyft, or even better: ride a bike or walk!
- The shows are all ages, but as with anything, parents should look up the entertainment ahead of time to be sure they’re cool with it.
Here is the current lineup (the * denotes that it’s a musical film):
September 3 – Stone Soul Picnic (1 p.m. – 10 p.m.)
September 4 – Rock for Love (6 p.m. – 9 p.m.)
*September 8 – Country Blues Festival 50th Anniversary Concert Film
September 9 – North Mississippi Allstars
September 10 – Civil Twilight
September 11 – Delta Rae
September 13 – Levitt Shell 80th Anniversary with Cedric Burnside & Sons of Mudboy
*September 15 – Respect Yourself: The Stax Records Story film
September 16 – New Brass Breed Band
September 17 – Rhodes College Jazz Band with George Coleman
September 18 – Henry Gross
*September 22 – Once the musical film
September 23 – Parker Millsap & Sara Jarosz
September 24 – Snowglobe
September 25 – New Ballet Ensemble
*September 29 – The Wiz film
September 30 – Opera Memphis
October 1 – Motel Mirrors
October 2 – University of Memphis “This is Memphis” Festival
*October 13 – Mavis! A Documentary Film
October 15 – Mavis Staples with St. Paul and the Broken Bones (This one isn’t free. Get tickets here.)
*October 20 – The Blues Brothers film
October 21 – The Blind Boys of Alabama
October 22 – Eleanor Tallie
October 23 – Balkan Beat Box
1928 Poplar Avenue
Memphis, TN 38104
Learn more at http://www.levittshell.org/