5 Things To Do This Weekend: 8/19 – 8/21
Happy Friday, Memphis! Here are the five things you won’t want to miss this weekend.
1. Grease, Orpheum Theatre, Friday, 7 p.m., $8 adults/$6 kids, all ages
The Orpheum’s Summer Movie Series continues this Friday night with a screening of Grease the musical in the historic theatre.
2. Mid-South Renaissance Faire, Shelby Farms, Saturday – Sunday, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m., $15 adults/$8 kids/under 6 free
Our Mid-South Ren Faire features Elizabethan dances, giant turkey legs and other food, merchants, pirates, and of course, jousters on horseback. Can’t make it out this weekend? The Renaissance Faire continues next weekend, August 27 and 28 as well.
3. Germantown International Festival, The Great Hall (Germantown), Saturday, 11 a.m. – 5 p.m., free, all ages
More than 35 countries will showcase their nation’s culture, arts, authentic food, and more at The Great Hall at Germantown this Saturday at the 8th annual Germantown International Festival
4. Time Warp Drive In: Martial Arts Mayhem, Summer Drive In, Saturday, gates open at 7 p.m./movies begin at dusk, $10
Head to the Summer Drive-In for all night movies throughout the fall and the occasional musical intermission. August 20th’s films include Enter The Dragon, Kung Fu Hustle, Iron Monkey, and Black Belt Jones. Click here for the complete 2016 lineup.
5. You Look Like A Comedy Show, P&H Cafe, Saturday, 9 p.m., $8, 21 and up
This super-popular monthly comedy tournament is all about the roast: prepare yourself to witness put-downs, bullying, and insults – all in good fun, of course.
A few more ideas…
– Food Truck Friday at the Dixon
– Mama Mia! at Playhouse on the Square all weekend
– Memphis Fashion Week designer Trunk Show on Friday and Saturday
– Memphis Against Humanity comedy show at Midtown Crossing Grill on Friday night
– Memphis Farmers Market on Saturday morning
– Cooper Young Farmers Market on Saturday morning
– Sparkling Nights wine tasting on Saturday night
– Grizz Claw Crew Auditions on Sunday afternoon
– Madonna Learning Center steak dinner fundraiser on Sunday night
– Lawrence Undertaking at Huey’s Midtown on Sunday