5 Things To Do In Memphis This Weekend: 3/18 – 3/20
Happy Friday, Memphis! Here are the five things you won’t want to miss in Memphis this weekend.
1. Spring Fling + Plant Sale, Agricenter International, Friday – Saturday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., free, all ages/kid-friendly
The Memphis Area Master Gardeners will host their 12th annual Spring Fling at the Agricenter this weekend, with a plant sale, demos, workshops, shopping, speakers, “Ask A Master Gardener” session, kids’ activities, and food trucks. Parking and entry are free!
2. Mid-South Con, Hilton Memphis, Friday – Sunday, all day, weekend passes $55 at the door, all ages
If you’re into writing, gaming, anime, comic books, science fiction or the paranormal, mark your calendar for Mid-South Con. There’s an art show, writer’s conference, gaming and tons of awesome nerdy fun.
3. Modern Women’s Conference, Baptist Memphis Education Center, Saturday, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., $40 – $50, 18+
A day filled with awesome women, inspirational speakers, and educational breakout sessions, with a focus on things Memphis women can do now to make a significant in career, self, and community by 2020. There’s a kick-off mixer on March 18 at Joseph’s in Laurelwood at 6 p.m.
4. Print Palooza, Memphis College of Art, Saturday, 2 p.m. – 6 p.m., free to attend, all ages
Memphis College of Art’s Printmaking Club hosts an art sale of over 200 prints created by MCA students, an inside look at the college’s printmaking department, and demos at 3 p.m. and 5 p.m. in the print studio. Proceeds from the art sale will support the club’s annual trip to the Southern Graphics Council International.
5. Time Warp Drive In, Summer Drive In, Saturday, 7 p.m. – until, $10 per person, all ages (parental discretion advised)
The first TWDI of the season is here, and the theme Martin Scorsese. Plan for a little time to make it into the drive-in theater (there’s usually some traffic) and bring lawn chairs if you don’t want to sit in/on your car. Go here to see the lineup for all nine Time Warp Drive In nights.
And a few more ideas…
Shows going on throughout the weekend: Book of Mormon at the Orpheum, Free Man of Color at Hattiloo Theatre, Pageant at Circuit Playhouse, All The Way at Playhouse on the Square, Dragnificent at Theatreworks, and Into the Woods at Theatre Memphis.
– Shangri La Records hosts a pop-up concert from Walker Family Singers at 5:30 p.m. – free
– Drink-N-Draw Memphis hosts an “Exquisite Corpse” night at Marshall Arts at 8 p.m.
– MCA hosts artist receptions and gallery openings at Rust Hall at 6 p.m. – free
– The Modern Women’s Conference has a cocktail mixer at Joseph in Laurelwood at 6 p.m.
– Fall Out Boy with AWOLNATION perform at FedExForum
– Memphis Central Library will have a free jazz show
– Spark! Spillit at Amurica features artists telling 5 minute stories at 6 p.m. – free
– GLITCH art gallery hosts David Liebe Hart (of Tim & Eric Awesome Show Great Job)
– Memphis Botanic Garden hosts the Daffodil Dash 3-Miler run at 8 a.m.
– Humane Society will have a volunteer orientation at 10 a.m.
– SneakFest sneaker expo is at the Agricenter from noon to 5 p.m.
– The Metal Museum hosts their annual Cosmic Trunk Show with art vendors, a cash bar, Stick’Em Food Truck, and free entry to the museum and grounds from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
– Wiseacre hosts a “Gotta Get Up To Get Down” day with yoga, a fun run, and beer.
– Alexis Grace performs at Lafayette’s at 6:30 p.m.
– Grizz play the Clippers at home at 7 p.m.
– Bone Thugs-N-Harmony perform at the New Daisy
– “You Look Like A Comedy Show” comedy show returns to the P&H at 9 p.m.
– Jimmy Ogle hosts his monthly afternoon walking tour of the Fairgrounds/Mid-South Coliseum area
– Rhodes College hosts a National Eating Disorders Association walk to raise awareness
– Marcella & Her Lovers perform at Lafayette’s at 8 p.m.
– Jimbo Mathus performs at Huey’s Midtown at 4 p.m. Dikki du and the Zydeco Krewe perform at 8:30 p.m.
– The Beat Daddys perform at Huey’s Cordova at 8:30 p.m.
Have a great week!