This Week In Memphis: February 8 – 14, 2016
Here’s what’s going on in Memphis this week, plus a preview of this weekend. Don’t forget to submit your upcoming events to the I Love Memphis Calendar.
All Week Long
The Memphis Open tennis tournament continues at the Racquet Club of Memphis until this Sunday. Check out all the matches, events, and more here.
Monday (Feb. 8)
– Clark Beckham performs a free show at Minglewood Hall at 7 p.m.
– John Paul Keith performs at Lafayette’s.
– The Grizzlies take on the Trailblazers at home at 7 p.m.
Tuesday (Feb. 9)
It’s Mardi Gras on Feb. 9th. Here are some places that will have food and drinks specials, live music, and more:
– The Bayou
– Beale Street (they’re having a gumbo crawl)
– Celtic Crossing
– Flying Saucer
– Mardi Gras Memphis
– Overton Square (a bunch of specials listed here)
– Owen Brennan’s
– The Second Line
(Check out individual locations for details.)
– Don’t Be Afraid of the Comedy show at the Hi-Tone at 8:15 p.m. $5. 21+.
– A Gentleman’s Guide To Love And Murder opens at The Orpheum and runs through Sunday.
Wednesday (Feb. 10)
– Air Sex Championships at the Hi-Tone. Think air guitar, but…much more…amorous. Definitely for adults only. $10. 21+.
– Barry Manilow is at FedExForum for his One Last Time tour.
– Steve Selvidge is at DKDC at 7:30 p.m. Free.
– The Grizz play the Nets away at 6:30 p.m.
Thursday (Feb. 11)
– Meet The Brewer Night at Huey’s in Collierville. The folks from Memphis Made will be on site for a talk, swag, and beer specials from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
– Outflix Film Festival presents a preview of “Mothers and Sons” play at Theatre Memphis at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $25.
– Memphis Monologues at Amurica Photo. Memphis women share unique stories about their experiences, and it all benefits Planned Parenthood. As of Monday, Feb. 8 at 8 a.m., there are only 30 tickets left. $30.
– It’s Valentine’s Day weekend. Click here for a guide.
– City & State hosts a “Bring Your Own Bailey’s” afternoon of shopping and coffee-drinking on Friday from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m.
– Artist Siphne Sylve performs on Friday at 7 p.m. at Midtown Crossing Grill.
– The Rock ‘n’ Soul Museum hosts “A Taste Of Passion Soiree” on Friday at 6:30 p.m. with food, live music, dancing, and a chance to tour the museum. Tickets are $50 – $75.
– The Break-up Show is back again for one night only, just in time for Valentine’s Day, with some best-of material, including bad date re-enactments, online dating horror stories, text message breakups, hilarious videos, and more. On Friday at 1884 Lounge at Minglewood. Doors at 7 p.m. Show at 8 p.m. $15. 21+.
– On Saturday, Memphis Pinball hosts the 2nd Annual Tilted Hearts Pinball Tournament at 2 p.m. at Garibaldi’s. $10 entry.
– Plackback Memphis improvisational dramatic theatre group will host three training courses in February: the 13th – 16th, the 16th – 19th, and 19th – 21st. Click here for more details.
Have a great week!