Your Memphis Guide To Super Bowl 50
Super Bowl 50 is on February 7, 2016. Whether you’re going out or staying in on Super Bowl Sunday, here’s your guide to the big game’s food, drink, and festivities in Memphis.
The Carolina Panthers will play the Denver Broncos. The game kicks off at 5:30 p.m. and will be broadcast on CBS.
This is meant to be a continuously updated list. Feel free to add your Super Bowl ideas in the comments or shoot me an email with the info.
1. Where To Watch: places doing specials and parties.
B.B. King’s is doing a ton of game day specials, including $2.50 domestic beer bottles, $3 Alabama slammers, hot dogs and chili dogs for $2 and $3, and 35 cent wings.
Celtic Crossing will have the game on with 4-for-$10 domestic beer buckets.
Lafayette’s Music Room will host a $25 all-you-can-eat buffet, drink specials (including 5 domestic bottled beer for $10 and $3 off signature drinks), a 12-foot HD projector, and free entry. More info here.
Schweinehaus will have the sound on, plus happy hour pricing ($5 half-liters, $10 liters, $1 off wine and liquor, and $5 appetizers).
Also, the Racquet Club of Memphis will host the 40th annual Memphis Open Tennis tournament next week, and will kick off the tourney with a Sunday Funday Super Bowl Watch Party. It starts at 5 p.m. and is free to Memphis Open Sunday qualifying match ticket holders, sponsors, VIPs, and box seat holders. More details here.
Here are some other places to watch, in no particular order. Let me know your favorite spots and I’ll add them to the list.
Max’s Sports Bar
Double J’s Smokehouse
Local on the Square
Young Avenue Deli
The Second Line
East + ‘burbs:
2. What To Eat: where to get hot wings or order delivery
Super Bowl = Food = Hot Wings for many people. Here are some (but not all) of the best places in Memphis to get them, in no particular order. Below that is a short list of great places that deliver.
Places That Deliver: plan ahead and call early. Individual restaurants may have geographic delivery restrictions. It might be worth calling places several days/week ahead of time to find out individual establishments’ ordering and delivery policies due to high demand on 2/7.
– Aldo’s Pizza (downtown and midtown locations deliver to their neighborhoods, respectively)
– Bardog (downtown only)
– Little Italy
– Jet’s Pizza
– Strano Sicilian Kitchen (midtown only)
– Trolley Stop
– Young Ave. Deli (Cooper Young area only)
Cash Saver beer selection. Also they have a growler filling station.
3. Other Places/Things That Might Be Helpful For Your Super Bowl Sunday Consumption Needs
– Cash Saver is helpful for their cheap beer selection and growler filling station.
– Don’t forget Fresh Market, Whole Foods, and Kroger for prepared foods.
– You can order Bar-B-Q Shop in bulk. Call ahead at 901-272-1277 to pre-order.
– Kirby Wines and Liquors will let you rent a keg with 24 hours notice, and they have a huge selection.
– Babalu is pre-selling DIY guacamole kits, which include all of the ingredients and the recipe.
How are you celebrating the Super Bowl? Again, if you have additions to the list, leave ’em in the comments! Go Sports!