Announcement! The Memphis Culture Crawl
Would you like to win two tickets to Beale Street Music Fest or a grab bag of all the Grizzlies giveaways? How about sweet tickets to events like the Dixon’s Art on Fire or the Brooks’ Vin-A-Que? What about a chance to see an Opera Memphis performance, Ballet Memphis’ The Nutrcracker, or get up close with a Zoo animal – all for free?
WELL NOW YOU CAN, with the Memphis Culture Crawl selfie contest for 2016! Hashtag #MEMCultureCrawl, y’all!
OK, infomercial over.
Seriously, you can win all those things and get some good discounts while the following seven Memphis institutions celebrate their big anniversaries in 2016.
- Grizzlies turn 15
- Ballet Memphis turns 30
- Dixon Gallery and Gardens turns 40
- Memphis in May turns 40
- Opera Memphis turns 60
- Brooks Museum turns 100
- Memphis Zoo turns 110
There are some discounts going on all year long, and well as the aforementioned #MEMCultureCrawl selfie contest with periodic prizes. Here are the deals:
Discounts That Anybody Can Take Advantage Of
- Grizzlies: Up to 25% off games on 1/25, 2/8, 3/28, and 4/5 when you buy tickets via this link and use the offer code CRAWL.
- Ballet Memphis: 2 for 1 tickets to 2016 performances of Places, Cinderella, Fall Show, and Nutcracker when you buy here and use offer code CRAWL.
- Dixon: Get 2 for 1 admission all year long when you mention the Memphis Culture Crawl.
Giveaways You Have To Post A Selfie To Win
Anyone – visitors or Memphians – can enter. Just take a selfie at any participating location, post on social media with #MEMCultureCrawl, and you’ll be immediately entered to win one of the prizes below. The more attractions you visit, the more chances you have of winning.
April 2016: two 3-day passes to Beale Street Music Fest*
April 2016; two 2-day passes to the World Championship BBQ Cooking Contest*
May 2016: win every giveaway item that the Grizzlies have this season
June 2016: animal encounter at the Memphis Zoo
August 2016: maestro-level tickets to an Opera Memphis performance
September 2016: two tickets to Art On Fire at the Dixon
October 2016: family membership at the Brooks Museum
October 2016: two tickets to Vin-A-Que at the Brooks Museum
November 2016: two tickets to The Nutrcracker
*For the Memphis in May #MEMCultureCrawl entries, you can use photos from past Memphis in May events or merchandise like shirts and posters.
Again, How To Enter
1. Go to one of the participating attractions or attend an event at one of the locations
2. Take a selfie that shows where you’re at
3. Post the selfie with the hashtag #MEMCultureCrawl
A Few More Things
- Photos tagged #MEMCultureCrawl and posted on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram will be entered.
- Those months mentioned above are the months in which the drawing will be held
- Once you post an entry, it goes in the big pot for all of the giveaways listed above and will stay in the pot until you win one or until the end of the year
- I’ll post monthly updates on what’s going on with these 7 organizations and any upcoming giveaways, plus some of my favorite entries
- You can get more info on what’s going on at each participating attraction here
I think that’s it. Happy Culture Crawling, Memphis!