Thursday News Update: Levitt Shell Snow Day Edition
Happy Thursday, Memphis! Here’s your afternoon news update, from a new deli in East Memphis
- ICYMI, this Saturday is the Memphis St. Jude Marathon. Earlier this week, patients and Memphians got together to make posters for this weekend’s cheering sections. Below you can see some photos from that, courtesy of St. Jude. If you want more info on the marathon, click here.
- I’m helping host a marathon cheering section for Mile 6 this Saturday and I need YOU to join me in encouraging these runners who have raised thousands for St. Jude. See the invite and make a plans to come here.
- This Sunday (Dec. 6) the Levitt Shell celebrates a faux “snow day” with “sledding”, live music, food trucks, fireworks, and announcements about improvements to the outdoor venue. Things get started around 12:45 p.m. Click here for more details.
- Looking for ways to give back this holiday season? Help out MIFA one of these ways:
You can find out more details and ways here.
- The newest baby at the Memphis Zoo is Raven, a Francois Iangur. She lives in the China exhibit.
- Fino’s deli has a soft opening tomorrow (December 4) at their new East Memphis location at 703 W. Brookhaven Circle. They’ll be fully open on Monday.
- IKEA Memphis will break ground on December 10. It’s really happening.
- Buster’s Liquors in East Memphis celebrates their grand re-opening today through Saturday with daily tastings and samplings. See the schedule here. They’ll now sell specialty local foods and have a growler-filling station in addition to wine, liquor, and craft beer. (No word yet on if they’re implementing a valet parking service, though.)
- If you haven’t read this awesome article in Memphis Magazine about Marc Gasol’s decision to stay in Memphis, stop what you’re doing and read it.
- I’m not a parent, but I know that the educational system in Memphis can be a challenge to navigate. Luckily, there’s a Memphis School Guide to help parents in the area determine their education options, learn which questions to ask when choosing a school, and figure out how to enroll. Check it out online here and follow them on Facebook.
- Want to know what’s going on in Victorian Village? Check out their new Facebook page here and follow them on Instagram here.
Got more news or events for I Love Memphis? Submit ’em here.