Memphis Dining News: New Fino’s and Rock ‘N’ Dough, Strano Now Delivers
Here’s a rundown of some Memphis food and beverage news, plus some random musings on things I’ve tried recently that I think you’ll like, too.
– Fino’s is finally open in East Memphis at 703 W. Brookhaven Circle. They’re open Monday through Friday from 10:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. with all your deli favorites from the midtown store, plus a way bigger dining area and patio.
– Rock ‘n’ Dough has moved from their Ridgeway location to 3445 Poplar Avenue, Suite 1. Don’t let the shopping center facade fool you (I almost thought they were closed judging by the outside). The inside is nice, shiny, and new; they have tables plus bar seating and several TVs.
– Love the Mempops truck? Good news! They’re opening a brick-and-mortar location at the old Rock ‘n’ Dough space in Park Place Center at Ridgeway and Park. Estimated opening is spring 2016.
– Strano Sicilian Kitchen announces some changes:
1. They now have brunch on Saturday and Sunday from 10:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
2. They now deliver for free to the Cooper Young neighborhood. They will deliver to other locations in Midtown for a $5 fee.
3. They now have $10 weekday lunch specials that include soup or salad, entree, and beverage.
– This isn’t really news, but I loved the Santa Baby holiday cupcake at Muddy’s and I need to tell you about it. It’s chocolate cake with lip-smacking-sweet peppermint icing. And adorable tiny candy cane sprinkles.
– Schweinehaus debuted a new menu this week. Full report coming soon!
– According to the Flyer’s Hungry Memphis blog, Bluefin is having a little drama. I hope it all gets straightened out.
– Hog & Hominy recently added a new pizza to their menu and it changed my life. It’s called the “Thunderbird! Forty Twice!” and it’s topped with pepperoni and spicy honey. It was so good I ate it before I took a picture so I had to “steal” one from Hog & Hominy’s Facebook page.
– In case you missed it in the October I Love Memphis Podcast, Bari is now serving brunch. I haven’t had a chance to try it yet, but it’s on my list.
– Also mentioned on the October Podcast, Bleu Restaurant (in the Westin Hotel across from FedExForum) has a new-ish Sunday brunch menu. I tried it out and was most impressed by the frou-frou brunch cocktails that are only $5.
– If you listen to Pandora, then you’ve surely already heard the inexplicably British woman tell you about Buster’s Liquor’s Grand Re-Opening. It’s true: the store is much bigger, has a growler station, plus other food items and products.