I Love Memphis Guide To New Year’s Eve 2016
If you’re looking for the 2018 New Year’s Eve Guide, click here.
It’s almost time for 2016, Memphis! Here are some fun and festive ways to celebrate the new year. I’ll continue to update as I find out more (including New Year’s Day openings and brunches).
– “To Infinity And Beyond” New Year’s at Noon, Children’s Museum of Memphis, Dec. 31, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m., free for members / $15 non-members, all ages
For those hard partiers that aren’t allowed to stay up until midnight (aka, children), CMOM is hosting their annual New Year’s at Noon party on December 31. This year’s theme appears to be Buzz Lightyear and his friends. Kids can dress up, do a museum scavenger hunt, do crafts and enjoy a 12 p.m. balloon/candy drop.
– New Year’s Eve at River Oaks, 5871 Poplar Ave., Dec. 31, call for times $75+, all ages
Have dinner at River Oaks to celebrate the New Year. Go with Chef José’s three-course dinner and optional wine pairings. Space fills quickly, so call 901-683-9305 for reservations.
– Sky Zone New Year’s Jumps, Sky Zone Memphis, Dec. 31 – Jan. 1, times and prices vary, all ages
Sky Zone will be open on New Year’s Eve and Day for open jump hours with special pricing. They’re accepting groups to jump after 6 p.m., too. Get all the details here.
– Itta Bena Dinner and Show, Itta Bena, Dec. 31, 5 p.m. and 9 p.m., $69 – $99 + tax/gratuity, 21 and up
The chefs at Itta Bena are here to help you ring in the new year. Four-course dinners are available in two seatings either at 5 p.m. ($69), 7 p.m. ($79), or 9 p.m. ($99). The latter includes party favors and a midnight champagne toast. Call 901-578-3031 for reservations.
–New Year’s at Blind Bear, Blind Bear, Dec. 31, dinner begins at 5 p.m., $16 cover after 8 p.m., 21 and up
The Blind Bear will serve dinner on New Year’s Eve for $35 per person or $60 per couple; reservations begin at 5 p.m. Heart Memphis will perform 9 p.m. to 2 a.m.
– New Year’s at Lafayette’s Music Room, Dec. 31, 6 p.m., $25 – $75, 21 and up
Davis Coen performs at 6:30 p.m. and Amerian Fiction takes the stage at 10:30 p.m. General admission ($35) includes champagne toast and party favors. Four-course dinner packages are available. For details and tickets, go here.
– Ring In The Neu Year at Bleu, Bleu Restaurant, Dec. 31, $75 per person + tax/grat., 21 and up
Enjoy a prix fixe five-course meal, a live DJ in the Bleu Lounge from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m., and a champagne toast at midnight. Call (901) 334-5950 for reservations.
– New Year’s Eve Package at B.B. King’s, B.B. King’s Blues Club, Dec. 31, all night, $80/person + tax/gratuity, 21 and up
The NYE Dinner Package at B.B. King’s on Beale includes a three-course dinner, party favors, champagne toast, and live music. If you just want to dance and drink, buy $20 advance tickets or pay $25 at the door. Call 901-524-5454 for reservations.
–New Year’s Eve Bash, Flying Saucer Downtown, Dec. 31, 6 p.m. – 3 a.m., $10 – $60, 21 and up
Dress to impress at the downtown Saucer’s NYE bash with live music from Super 5 and a midnight champagne toast. No cover for UFO Club members, $10 cover for non-members, and $40 for table reservations for four people (or $60 for six people).
– Countdown on Broad, Broad Avenue, Dec. 31, all evening, free to attend
Broad Avenue is shutting down the street for a party with live music starting at 7 p.m. (Ruby Wilson, X Factor contestant Skyelar, Conjuntos navegantes del Rio, Los Idolos, Chinese Connection Dub Embassy), they’ll be selling alcoholic beverages on the street (do not bring your own).
– Boscos Squared NYE, Boscos, Dec. 31, 8 p.m. – 12:25 a.m., no cover
Celebrate New Year’s with live music from Joyce Cobb, special and regular menu items, and a champagne toast and favors at midnight. Call 901-432-2222 for reservations
–Roaring 20s NYE Bash, Flying Saucer Cordova, Dec. 31, 8 p.m. – midnight, $5-$10, 21 an up
The Cordova Flying Saucer will celebrate 2016 with special beer tappings. There is a $5 cover for UFO members, $10 cover for non-members. Attire is “dress to impress” with a Roaring 20s theme.
– 2016 Hard Rock Guitar Drop – A NYE Celebration (126 Beale St.), Dec. 31, doors at 6:30 p.m., $25 general admission, $150 VIP per person/$250 per couple, 21 and up
Post up at the Hard Rock Cafe on New Year’s Eve for live music, the Giant Guitar drop, and drink specials. VIP gets you front row seat to the guitar drop, champagne toast, food, and drink tickets. Reserve your space online, standing room only.
– New Year’s Eve on Beale, Handy Park and Beale Street, Dec. 31, celebration begins at 7 p.m., free to attend, 21 and up
The city’s biggest NYE party starts at 7 p.m. and includes live music from Gloriana with opener Jeff Jensen Band starting at 9 p.m. and the Hard Rock Guitar Drop at midnight. If mass revelry is your thing, this is the place to be. You’ll want to plan ahead, though. CNN will broadcast live again from Beale Street this year and crowds could reach up to 50,000 people, so leave plenty of time for traffic, ID checks, and lines. If not leaving the house is your thing, you can watch it live on CNN.
Live Music On Beale: In addition to parties at the Hard Rock Cafe and New Daisy Theatre, here’s a rundown of some live music happening. Beale Street is 21+ after dark and individual establishments may enforce a 21+ entry at their discretion during other times.
– Vince Johnson & The Boogie Blues Band, Rum Boogie Cafe (182 Beale), Dec. 31, 9 p.m. – 1 p.m., $5-$10 cover
– Mississippi Big Foot, Blues Hall Juke Joint (174 Beale), Dec. 31, 8 p.m. – midnight, $5-$10 cover
– Gracie Curran & The High Falutin’ Band, Kings Palace Cafe (162 Beale), Dec. 31, 9 p.m. – 1 a.m., $5 – $10 cover
-Delta Project, Tap Room next to Kings Palace Cafe (168 Beale), Dec. 31, 9 p.m. – 1 a.m., $5-$10 cover
– Joe The Show, Tin Roof (315 Beale), Dec. 31, 10 p.m., $20 for VIP
– The Phoenix Club Fire Ball, Memphis Botanic Gardens, Dec. 31, 8 p.m. – 1 a.m., $65 adv./$75 door, 21 and up
Support the Boys and Girls Clubs of Greater Memphis while you ring in 2016 with the Phoenix Club. Enjoy live music, photo booth, complimentary beer, champagne, signature cocktails, and hor d’oeurves, plus a cash bar.
– Zebra Lounge NYE Party, Zebra Lounge, Dec. 31, 8 p.m. – until, no cover, 21 and up
Overton Square will help you sing right on into 2015 with live piano music, no cover, crazy decorations, and plenty of drinks and champagne for all!
– Overton Square NYE Bash, Overton Square Neighborhood, Dec. 31, 9 p.m. – 2 a.m., no cover, 21 and up
Overton Square will shut down Madison Avenue from 9 a.m. to 2 pm. on New Year’s Eve for live entertainment, a midnight surprise, and parties at individual bars (many of which are listed separately on this list). Read more details here.
– Club Spectrum NYE Bash, Club Spectrum, Dec. 31, doors at 9 p.m./show at 11 p.m., 18 to enter/21 to drink
Spectrum is hosting a New Year’s Eve party with a drag show and midnight balloon drop. They usually have a cover, I’m waiting to confirm that amount but I’d plan for $10-$20+.
– Tux and Chucks NYE Celebration, 1524 Madison Ave., Dec. 31, 9 p.m., $25 adv./$30 door
Don your tuxes and your Chucks for a stylish New Year’s Eve at 1524 Events. Enjoy a champagne toast, complimentary refreshments, and a cash bar.
– Hi-Tone NYE With Dead Soliders, China Gate, and Heels, H-Tone, Dec. 31, 9 p.m., $15, 21 and up.
Ring in the new year with local bands, a champagne toast at midnight, and all your usual debauchery.
– New Year’s Eve Parties at Huey’s, most locations, Dec. 31
Most Huey’s locations will offer complimentary party favors and a midnight champagne toast. Cordova, Midtown, and Germantown locations will have live music from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. and the downtown location will be open until 3 a.m. Collierville location will close early at 10 p.m.
– Loveland Duran Band at Spindini, 383 S. Main Street, Dec. 31, 9 p.m. – midnight, no cover
– Julianna Thomas & Dom Fosco Duo at Mesquite Chop House Germantown, 3165 Forest Hill Irene Rd., Dec. 31, 9 p.m. – 1 a.m., no cover
-Jeff Crosslin at Mesquite Chop House Southaven, 5960 Getwell Rd., Dec. 31, 9 p.m. – 1 a.m., no cover
– Daisyland NYE feat. 12th Planet, New Daisy Theatre, Dec. 31, doors at 9 p.m., $20 before 12/21, $30 after 12/22, 21 and up
Have a dubstep New Year’s Eve at the New Daisy with 12th Planet, DJ EPIC, JJ Wilson, and Scotty B. Tickets are $15.30 – $35.90 and you can get them here.
– Peabody Hotel New Year’s Eve Party, Peabody Hotel, Dec. 31, 9 p.m. – 3 a.m., $40 advance online / $50 door, 21+
The Peabody always goes all out for New Year’s Eve, and this year is no exception. On the 31st, they’ll have a massive party spread across the hotel with music from Almost Famous, Hollywood, and DJ Mark Anderson in the Continental Ballroom. If you spring for the VIP lounge tickets ($125), you’ll have access to hors d’oeuvres and unlimited champagne, Stella Artois, and valet.
– White Party at the Madison Hotel, Dec. 31, 10 p.m. – 2 a.m., $50 + fees, 21 and up
Head to the Madison Hotel for a New Year’s Eve bash with a live DJ, cash bar, drink skis, favors, hors d’oeuvres, and a balloon drop, confetti canon, and complimentary dessert station at midnight. Get tickets here.
– Raiford’s NYE, Paula & Raiford’s Disco, Dec. 31, doors at 10 p.m., $15-$20 cover cash only, 21 and up
Raiford’s is like New Year’s Eve every time it’s open, so prepare yourselves for something truly wild and crowded on actual New Year’s Eve. Cash only for everything. I expect the cover will be somewhere in the $15-$20 range. May the Force Be With You.
– AutoZone Liberty Bowl, Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium, January 2, 2:20 p.m. CST, various prices, all ages
Join 50,000+ football fans in Midtown for the annual AutoZone Liberty Bowl. This year, the Arkansas Razorbacks take on the Kansas State Wildcats. Make a weekend of it – there’s a parade on Beale Street on January 1 at 3 p.m. followed by a pep rally in W.C. Handy Park at 4:30 p.m. Read more about the Liberty Bowl and weekend trip ideas here.
New Year’s Day Brunch/Lunch in Memphis
Here are a few of the places open on Friday. Call ahead for hours and reservations. Know of any more? Leave it in the comments!
– Tug’s Casual Grill
– Terrace at the River Inn
– S.O.B – South of Beale
– The Green Beetle
– Bardog Tavern
– The Majestic Grille
– Felicia Suzanne’s
– The Buccaneer
– Central BBQ (all three locations)
– Huey’s (all locations)
– Arcade Restaurants (limited menu)
– RP Tracks
– Ciao Bella (for dinner only)