Places Open On Thanksgiving In Memphis 2015
Turkey Day is nearing! I know y’all are itching to plan your holiday. If you’re not in the cooking mood, or if you want to go out after you wake up from your afternoon food coma, here’s a running list of places that will be open in Memphis on Thanksgiving.
At the top of the list, I have places open during the day or for brunch, then I have places that don’t open until evening.
This list is in-progress so if you know of a place that’s open or a fun event on Nov. 25 – 27, please email me at email@example.com or submit the event to the blog’s calendar.
Places open during the day on Thanksgiving Day (Nov. 26, 2015)
– The Bayou (2094 Madison Ave.) will open around 2 p.m. with a select menu items and a buffet for $17.
– Bleu will be open from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Thanksgiving brunch is $45 for adults, $20 for kids under 12, and free for kids under 5, plus tax +gratuity. Call 901-334-5950 for reservations.
– Capital Grille will be open from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. with their dinner menu plus Thanksgiving favorites. The Thanksgiving meal is $36 for adults, $15 for children plus tax + gratuity. Call (901) 683-9291 for reservations.
– Capriccio Grill is open from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. The three course meal is $36 per person, $16 for children under 12, plus tax + gratuity. Call 901-529-4199 for reservations.
– Chez Philippe is having Thanksgiving dinner from 3 p.m. – 8 p.m. The meal is $75 per person plus tax + gratuity. Call 901-529-4188 for reservations.
– The Cupboard (1400 Union Ave.) will serve Thanksgiving meals beginning at 10 a.m.
– Dixie Cafe (4699 Poplar Ave. and 2861 Bartlett Blvd.) will be open with a Thanksgiving meal from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. The meal is turkey, dressing, cranberry sauce and two sides for $10.99 plus tax and gratuity.
– eighty3 (83 Madison Ave.) will be open from 6:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. and will serve a Thanksgiving menu beginning at 11 a.m. Menu items include $14 shareable appetizers, $27 turkey entree with sides, and $9 desserts. Make reservations by calling (901) 333-1224.
– Not that this counts as dinner, but Gibson’s Donuts (760 Mount Moriah) will be open until noon.
– Holiday Inn at The University of Memphis is serving a Thanksgiving buffet. There are usually two seatings and the buffet is about $35 for adults and $16 for kids, plus tax and gratuity. Call 901-678-8200 for reservations and more details.
– Neil’s Music Room (5727 Quince Rd.) will be open from 11 a.m. to 3 a.m. and will serve Thanksgiving dinner.
– The Peabody Hotel is having a Thanksgiving brunch buffet on the Mezzanine from 10:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. It’s $68 for adults, $28 for kids 12 and under, and free for kids under 5, plus tax + gratuity. Call 901-529-3668 for reservations.
– Paulette’s (50 Harbortown Square) will be open from 11 a.m. – 8 p.m. The three course meal is between $49.95 and $58.95 per person, plus tax and gratuity. Call 901-260-3300 for reservations.
– Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse (6120 Poplar) will be open from noon to 8 p.m.
– Terrace at the River Inn (On the roof of 50 Harbortown Square) will be open from 11 a.m. – 8 p.m. The three course meal is $39 – $49 per person. Call 901-260-3366 for reservations.
– Texas de Brazil (150 Peabody Place) will be open from 11 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. Traditional Thanksgiving fare will be served along with the usual buffet for $44.99 per person.
Places open on Thanksgiving Night (Nov. 26, 2015)
– B.B. King’s (143 Beale) will open at 6 p.m. and the B.B. King’s Blues Club All-Star Band plays at 7 p.m. as usual.
– Bar DKDC (964 Cooper St.) will host the Memphis Sheiks “Sheiksgiving” show with DJ Buck Wilder.
– Bardog Tavern (73 Monroe) will open at 5 p.m. – 3 a.m.
– Brookhaven Pub (695 W. Brookhaven Circle) will open at 4 p.m. and Kaleidoscope will play their weekly set from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m.
– Huey’s has several locations open on Thanksgiving: East Memphis will be open from 5 p.m. – 1 a.m., Midtown will be open from 6 p.m. – 10 p.m., Germantown will be open from 5 p.m. – 1 a.m., and Cordova will be open from 5 p.m. – 2 a.m.
– Lafayette Music Room in Overton Square will open at 6 p.m. Heath N Danny will play at 6:30 p.m. and American Fiction will play at 10 p.m.
– Local Gastropub (95 S. Main St. and 2126 Madison Ave.) will open at 6 p.m.
– Patrick’s (4972 Park) is usually open in the evenings on Thanksgiving turkey and dressing.
– The Pumping Station (1342 Poplar Ave.)will be open from 3 p.m. to 3 a.m. and will have a Thanksgiving buffet.
– R. P. Tracks (3547 Walker) will open the bar at 5 p.m. and the kitchen at 7 p.m.
– Seasons 52 (6085 Poplar Ave.) will serve a Thanksgiving prix fixe menu from 4 p.m. – 10 p.m. It’s $26.95 for adults and $12.95 for children.
– Slider Inn (2117 Peabody Ave.) will be open at 5 p.m.
– Young Avenue Deli (2119 Young Ave.) will open at 5 p.m.
– The Zebra Lounge in Overton Square will be open for normal hours (6 p.m. – 2 a.m. on Thursdays).
Things To Do In Memphis During Thanksgiving
These are events and things to do Wednesday – Friday, Nov. 25 – 27, 2015. For more holiday events go through the weekend, go here.
– Zoo Lights opens on Thanksgiving 5:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m., $6-$8 + optional extras, all ages/kid-friendly. The Zoo is closed during the day on Nov. 26.
– Starry Nights at Shelby Farms is open on Nov. 25 and Thanksgiving from 6 p.m. – 9 p.m. and Nov. 27 from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m., $20 per car (more for vans and buses), all ages/kid-friendly
– River City Shakedown, Brookhaven Pub, Nov. 25, 8 p.m. – midnight, free, all ages
– Turkey Trot 4 Miler benefiting the March of Dimes, Botanic Gardens, Thanksgiving Day, 9 a.m., $30 – $35, all ages/kid-friendly
– Peabody Christmas Tree Lighting, Peabody Hotel Lobby, Nov. 27, 11 a.m. – 7 p.m., free, all ages/kid-friendly
– North Mississippi Allstars, Minglewood Hall, Nov. 27, doors at 7 p.m., $20 adv./$22 day of show, all ages
– James and the Ultrasounds, Young Ave. Deli., Nov. 27, 9 p.m., cover TBD, 21 and up
Places To Get Smoked and Fried Thanksgiving Turkeys In Memphis
There are a ton of places in Memphis that will sell you a smoked or fried turkey if you pre-order for Thanksgiving or Christmas.
By the time I’m posting this (11/18) many of these places are getting close/past to their ordering deadlines for Memphis Thanksgiving turkeys, so don’t delay. Assume the spots below sell smoked turkeys unless there’s an “also” noted.
– Bedrock Eats and Sweets (smoked brisket only, plus sides and gluten-free desserts)
– Corky’s BBQ (also hams)
– The Cupboard (also hams)
– Curbside Casserole (also smoked hams, sides, desserts)
– Porcellino’s (also roasted and raw turkeys)
– Ty’s Smoke House in Bartlett
– Vanelli’s Deli in Germantown (also smoked hams)
Know of other places? Leave the info in the comments!