5 Things To Do This Weekend: 10/30 – 11/1
Happy Halloween Eve, Memphis! Here are the five things you won’t want to miss this weekend. If you’re looking for the full guide to Halloween events and haunted houses, click here. I do have some listed below, too.
1. Memphis v. Tulane Football Game, Liberty Bowl, Saturday, 6 p.m., $8 – $35, all agesThe University of Memphis seeks to continue their winning streak on Halloween night and they need you to cheer them on. Arrive to Tiger Lane early for trick-or-treating and tailgating. The game will be broadcast on CBS Sports.
2. Cirque Italia Water Circus, Wolfchase Galleria, Friday – Saturday, $20, all ages/kid-friendly
I am including this animal-free circus on this 5 things to do list because it has the most magnificent event description of all time. A few excerpts: “Are you ready to see the optical illusion and hypnotism of our LASERMAN ACT? Watch the laws of physics crumble when the performer actually ‘holds’ a beam of light in his hand, splits it into two, then bends it and wields it like a saber of light!”
3. Kid-Friendly Halloween Things
There are kid-friendly Halloween events on Friday afternoon/evening in the Collierville Towne Square and the Bob Hailey Athletic Complex in Germantown. On Saturday, there is trick-or-treating at Wolfchase and “Halloween on the River” at Mud Island. For the full list and more info, start at number 20 on this post. If you have more ideas, leave them in the comments!
4. Saturday Night Halloween Parties For Grown Ups
There are events and parties at Young Ave. Deli, Minglwood Hall, the Hi-Tone, Earnestine & Hazel’s, the Rec Room, 345 Madison, Memphis College of Art, The Warehouse, and more. For the full list and all the info, start at number 27 on this post.
5. 29th Annual Outdoors Inc Cyclocross Championship, Mississippi Green Belt Park on Mud Island, Sunday, 8 a.m. to noon, free to watch, all ages/kid-friendly
This Sunday is the longest running cyclocross bicycle race in the U.S., hosted by Memphis’ own Outdoors Inc. The race is fun to watch – so grab a scarf and hat and head down to the river to watch these athletes race around an exciting short course filled with obstacles.
More Halloween stuff this weekend:
The Mid-South Corn Maze is open Wednesday through Saturday and will be haunted on Friday and Saturday. Festival of Fear haunted trails at Jones Orchard will be open Friday and Saturday. Wicked Ways Haunted House in Binghampton is open Thursday through Sunday. Spooky Nights at Shelby Farms is open Thursday through Saturday. Haunted Web of Horrors haunted houses (there are three) in Cordova will be open Thursday through
I hope you have a great weekend! Don’t forget to tag your photos #ilovememphis.