The I Love Memphis Guide to Gettin’ Lucky: St. Patrick’s Day 2015
We still have a few weeks to go, but after all this wintry oppression, I think we need some celebrating to look forward to. Here's a preview of St. Patty's Day in Memphis. I'll add to the list soon.
Mark your calendars, prepare your liver, download a ride-sharing app, or add 901-577-7777 into your phone.
Before St. Patrick's Day:
– Sexy St. Pat's Party, New Daisy Theatre, March 13, 9 p.m. – 5 a.m., $10, 21 and up
Celebrate the luck of the Irish in a "grown and sexy" fashion on Beale Street at the New Daisy Theatre with DJs spinning dance, electronic, and mash-up music and a special appearance by Tori WhoDat. Get there early for $1 green beer.
– The Luck of the Irish at Elmwood, March 14, 10:30 a.m., $15 per person, all ages/kid-friendly
Get a history lesson on the Scots-Irish who rest at Elmwood Cemetery (including a city founder, a mayor, and more) with a guided walking tour on Saturday morning. To register, call (901) 774-3212.
– Silky O'Sullivan St. Patrick's Day Parade, Beale Street, March 14, 3 p.m., free, all ages/kid-friendly
When your bar claims to make every day like St. Patrick's Day, you'd better go buck wild for the real thing. In this case, Silky O'Sullivan's delivers. Last year I caught a cabbage. It's festive, but family friendly. After the parade on Beale, head to Silky's for the Raising of the Goat, where a goat is hoisted onto a platform for all to admire. They've also got drink and food specials and the best patio on Beale.
– Pre-St. Patty's Weekend Celebration, Celtic Crossing, Saturday and Sunday March 14 and 15, no cover, 21 and up
Celtic Crossing will have a multi-day celebration starting Saturday, March 14 with the Dancing Jimmy’s at 5 p.m. and WALRUS at 8 p.m. in the party tent outside. On Sunday, March 15, they will have live Irish music by Jim and Larkin starting at noon and at 5 p.m. Jeremy Stanfill and Josh Cosby will play.
– Whiskey Tasting & Storytelling, Celtic Crossing, March 16, 5 p.m. to 8 p.m., $30 or $75, 21 and up
Pregame for St. Patty's Day with an evening of whiskey tasting (there's a regular or a VIP), an Irish Seisun (a group of musicians playing traditional Irish music, and Irish storytelling (from David McDonnell). Tickets can be purchased by calling (901) 274-5151 or at the restaurant
On March 17, St. Patrick's Day:
– St. Patrick's Day at Celtic Crossing, March 17. 10 a.m. to 2 a.m., $10 cover all day, 21 and up
Head to Cooper Young's Irish Pub to enjoy live music all day inside, on the patio, and in the party tent. On the lineup, we have Dancing Jimmys, The Backsliders, The Reel McCoy, The Candy Company, and DJ Tree. At 1:30 p.m., watch football (soccer) inside as Arsenal takes on Monico. All day long they will have green beer, specials and giveaways.
– Huey's St. Patty's Day Specials, all 8 Huey's locations, March 17, all day (times vary per store), must be 21 and up to drink
Enjoy a dollar off on Bud Light pints, Killian's, Guiness, Jameson, and Irish Car bombs at all the Huey's on St. Patrick's Day.
– St. Patty's Day on Madison Avenue
Check out these specials going on Tuesday:
– Breakaway Running St. Patrick's Day Pub Run, Breakaway Running Midtown, March 17, 6 p.m., buy your own drinks, 21 and up
Join in the annual Breakaway St. Patrick's Day pub run, which starts at Breakaway's midtown store and starts at Young Avenue Deli, Memphis Made, The Slider Inn, and ends at Zebra Lounge (between 2 and 3 miles). Bring cash and follow the link above to print and sign the waiver.
– Fleet Feet St. Patrick's Day Pub Run, Brookhaven Pub, March 17, 6 p.m., free, 21 and up
Fleet Feet kicks off their 2015 Pub Run Series on St. Patrick's Day. Meet at Brookhaven Pub, run 3 miles (at your own pace) then head back to the pub for beers and grub. There will be drink specials at Brookhaven Pub: $4 Guinness, $5 Irish Car Bombs, $5 Jameson shots, $3 green beer, $2 Jell-O shots and a live band, Chicken Boom, from 9 p.m. to midnight.
– St. Patty's Day at Lafayette's, Lafayette's Music Room, March 17, 5:30 p.m., no cover, 21 and up to drink
Lafayette’s Music Room is celebrating St. Patrick’s Day with Irish bands around and drink specials. The River Bluff Clan will take the stage from and Big Betsy will go on at They will offer Jameson and Jameson Black specials all day, along with other St. Patty’s Day surprises.
– Flying Saucer Downtown St. Patty's Day Bash, March 17, 5:30 p.m.
Enjoy a variety of stouts and Irish food specials, plus live music from the Real McCoys, and entertainment from the Glasgow Bagpipers and more. The festivities kickoff at 5:30 p.m. with the Innis Acla School of Irish dance performance. Go there for bangers and mash, beef and Guinness, and corned beef and cabbage, plus specialty stout tapings of Blue Pants Double Stuff, Schlafly Irish Stout, Brooklyn Dry Irish Stout and Freen Flash Other World Irish Red – a special release beer that Green Flash brewed just for the Saucer.
– Bayou St. Patrick's Day Celebration, March 17, all evening, no cover, 21 and up
Enjoy tunes from the Mighty Souls Brass Band starting at 8:30 p.m. and a crawfish boil starting at 5 p.m. at the Bayou in Overton Square. Pints will be $3, shooters will be $4, car bombs are $5, and buckets of beer are $10.
– Kooky Canuck St. Patricks' Day Celebration, March 17, 21+ to drink
Memphis' favorite (only?) Canadian restaurant goes Irish for St. Patrick's Day on March 17 with drink specials and green beer.
– Patrick's St. Patrick's Day Party, March 17, 21+
If you're in East Memphis, check out the St. Patrick's Day party at Patrick's. They'll have a special food menu and drink specials for stouts, green beer, and green Jello shots.
Know of any other St. Patrick's Day events? Please leave the details in the comments and I'll add them to the list.
Here's a slideshow from last year's St. Patty's Day Parade and cabbage shenanigans around town.