November 2014 I Love Memphis Podcast: Musician Amy LaVere
On this month's I Love Memphis Podcast, my cohost Kevin Cerrito and I sit down with musician Amy LaVere to talk about her love of Memphis and her new album, Runaway's Diary.
We also discuss the growth of Overton Square and Beale Street, early holiday events, and some brand-new updates for the I Love Memphis Blog.
Don't forget to send us your questions, guest ideas, and share the most important Memphis events of 2014. Kevin and I might mention you on the December podcast! Tweet us your questions @ilovememphis or @cerrito and/or tag #ILMPodcast, comment on this post, or email me here.
We couldn't do this alone. Here are some lovely folks we'd like to thank.
– Johnny Hardin aka Johnny Radio aka Johnny Podcast, Production Director at WUMR U92 FM for production, editing, and in-studio entertainment
– Malvin Massey, General Manager at WUMR U92 FM at The University of Memphis for use of facilities
– Rick Trotter, announcer for the Memphis Grizzlies, for generously offering his amazing voice work
– Memphis Convention and Visitors Bureau (my employer) for supporting the I Love Memphis blog and podcast
– Amy LaVere, for taking time out of her busy schedule to talk to us
– Hope Clayburn, for making soulful funky tunes like "Love is on the Way", which we sample on the podcast