5 Things To Do This Weekend: 9/19 – 9/21
Happy Friday, Memphis! Here are the five things you won't want to miss in Memphis this weekend.
1. Mid-South Fair, Landers Center, September 19 – 28, $12 adults/$6 kids and seniors, all ages
Head to the Landers Center (in Southaven) for the 158th annual Mid-South Fair to get your fill of funnel cakes, rides, more. It's a solid week of rides, games, MMA fights, talent contests, roller derby and carnival food. Bonus: admission is free on weekdays before 2 p.m.
2. Memphis v. MTSU, Liberty Bowl, Saturday, 6 p.m., $10 – $10, all ages
Cheer on the home team at this week's inter-state football battle at the Liberty Bowl, and support our Tigers as they come back from a great game at UCLA. Read my guide to this season right here.
3. John Paul Keith and Mark Edgar Stuart, Harbor Town Amphitheater (740 Harbor Bend Rd.), Saturday, doors at 6 p.m., $5 minimum donation, all ages – kid friendly
The River Concert Series, a new series of local music shows at the Harbor Town Amphitheater to benefit The Maria Montessori School. Similar to Rock 'n' Romp, these concerts are a fun way for grownups to enjoy great music in a place where the little ones are welcome. Beer from Wiseacre and food from Miss Cordelia's.
4. Star & Micey, Levitt Shell, Saturday, 7 p.m., free, all ages
There are free Levitt Shell concerts every weekend night for the next few weeks, and this Saturday's show is a must-see for Memphis music lovers.
5. Best Memphis Burger Fest, Minglewood Hall, September 21, $7
The Best Memphis Burger Fest returns to Minglewood Hall for a third year on Sunday. Thirty-four teams will grind out a lineup of creative burgers to compete for the title of Best Memphis Burger, you can try some samples, enjoy food trucks, live music, and more. Go here to read all the details.
Have a great weekend! Tag your photos #ilovememphis and they might appear on the blog!