365 Things to Do in Memphis #252: Get in Free on Downtown Museum Day
For those who need an excuse to visit (or revisit) some local attractions, here’s a good one: September 13th is Memphis’ annual Downtown Museum Day, a magical day when admission fees to some of Memphis’ most awesome attractions are reduced or waived entirely.
Here’s a list of this year’s participating museums and what they’re offering in the way of discounts:
– Belz Museum of Asian and Judaic Art: Free admission
– C.H. Nash Museum at Chucalissa: Free admission
– Cotton Museum: Free admission
– Elmwood Cemetery: Free self-guided audio tours from 8 a.m. until noon.
– Fire Museum of Memphis: Buy-one, get-one-free admission
– Gibson Guitar Factory: Buy-one, get-one-free admission for TN, AR, and MS residents with I.D.
– Jimmy Ogle Walking Tours: Historian Jimmy Ogle is giving three free tours of downtown:
10:00 a.m. Union Avenue Manhole Cover & History Tour (begin at the Cotton Museum)
11:30 a.m. Mississippi River Bluff to Beale Street Landing (meet at Court Square Fountain)
– Memphis Hop: Half off all bus rides with stops at Stax, Metal Museum, Cotton Museum, Victorian Village, and Sun Studios every hour from10:30am to 7pm.
– Memphis Railroad and Trolley Museum: Free admission
– Mississippi River Museum at Mud Island River Park: Free admission
– National Ornamental Metal Museum: Free admission
– Shelby Farms Conservancy: Free admission
– Stax Museum of American Soul Music: Half-off admission
– Sun Studio: Free admission and tours to TN residents with I.D.
– Woodruff-Fontaine House: Half-off admission and viewing of “50 Years Inside the WF”