Wednesday News Update: Gravy To Go Edition
Today in Memphis, Muddy's comes to Midtown, Memphis music gets big shout outs, the Orpheum extends their summer movie series, and we've got a discount coupon for roller derby.
But first, it's Wednesday. Have some gravy!
Instagrammer @alistupidbacher snapped this picture of the greatest gravy to-go cups in Memphis at Bryant's. If you'd like to see your Memphis photos featured here, tag them #ilovememphis.
– First, the big news, at least for those of us who like happiness: Muddy's Bakeshop is opening a retail location in Midtown. Cupcakes in Cooper-Young!
– If you were getting a little bummed that the Orpheum Summer Movie Series was over, fear not: the theatre has added five more films (including "Animal House" and "King Kong") to the lineup.
– Take a look at Memphis' first protected bike lanes.
– In case you needed more reasons to love the Grizzlies, the Gasol Brothers have launched a foundation for kids' health and Lionel Hollins helped hundreds of local kids with their back-to-school needs.
– Lastly, I've been adding a ton of events to the ILM Events Calendar this week. If you know of anything coming up, please submit it here.
Have a tip for I Love Memphis? If you've got a tip for ILM, send me an email. If you'd like to submit a story, photo gallery, video or something else for the blog, do that here. If you've got an event coming up, please add it to the calendar, and if you're not already, follow ILM on Facebook and/or Twitter and/or Instagram and/or Pinterest.