Thursday News Update: Heaven is Pint Night, Elvis Week and Dogs Wearing Costumes
Happy Thursday, y'all.
Today in Memphis, Elvis Week is nigh. Also, there's a new downtown pint night, a Who's Who of Memphis Twitter users, two great movie screenings, and a brand new Gibson. Also, heaven is located (as we all suspected it would be) on Summer Avenue.
Memphis Instagrammer @nicolechristel proves that in Memphis, Elvis is still kind of everywhere with this photo. If you'd like to see your Memphis photos featured here, tag them #ilovememphis.
– Speaking of Elvis, Elvis Week 2013 is upon us. Here's a full schedule of the festivities (though if you only make it to one, make it the candlelight vigil on Thursday, August 15th).
– Hannah Sayle has found heaven. It's on Summer Ave.
– Attention, beer lovers: Tamp and Tap (the new coffee and beer shop downtown) is starting a Thursday night pint night. It kicks off tonight, and all drafts will be $3 from 5 p.m. until close.
– The Flyer has put together an impressive, not-entirely-objective who's who of Memphis Twitter users.
– We're inching ever closer to the most wonderful time of the year: basketball season. The Grizzlies have posted their full 2013-2014 schedule so that you can go ahead and start clearing your calendar now.
– You've got two great movie options for tonight: the Orpheum is showing "Mean Girls" (the Tina Fey / Lindsey Lohan classic), and the Brooks Museum is showing "Pink Flamingoes". Yes, that "Pink Flamingoes".
– If you're in need of gainful employment, have a look at Memphis Job Fever, a new Memphis-only jobs listing site.
– Lastly, here's a photo gallery of dogs wearing costumes. It has nothing to do with Memphis, but everybody loves dogs wearing costumes, right?
Have a tip for I Love Memphis? If you've got a tip for ILM, send me an email. If you'd like to submit a story, photo gallery, video or something else for the blog, do that here. If you've got an event coming up, please add it to the calendar, and if you're not already, follow ILM on Facebook and/or Twitter and/or Instagram and/or Pinterest.