They Like Us, They Really Like Us
It's been a pretty good year for Memphis (but I bet you knew that already). Just to recap, I've pulled together a list of some of the positive press that Memphis has gotten in the past seven months:
– The Score praised the FedExForum for having the best in-game music in the NBA.
– Spencer Hall wrote one of the greatest articles I've ever read about Memphis for SB Nation. He gets us more that we get us.
– Kiplinger declared Memphis one of the 10 Cheapest Cities to Live In.
– Travel + Leisure ranked us as one of the best U.S. Cities for Affordable Getaways.
– The New York Times Hominy sloved Hog and o much that they wrote a massive feature review.
– Speaking of Hog and Hominy, its head chefs, Andy Ticer and Michael Hudman, were nominated for Food and Wine's Best New Chef.
– They also appreciate that you can do Memphis on the cheap.
– MSN named Memphis one of the Top 20 Travel Destinations for 2013.
– BuzzFeed thinks we're quite hospitable.
– Both Le Bonheur and St. Jude were recognized by the U.S. News and World Report.
– Grantland wrote a ton of wonderful things about the Grizzlies, but their season recap is one of my favorites.
– Adam Richmans' Fandemonium came to the Memphis in May World Championship Barbecue Cooking Contest.
– Forbes praised our emerging downtown.
– The U.S. News and World Report bowed down to our barbecue and declared Memphis the Best Barbecue City in America.
– Lastly, National Geographic Travel listed Memphis on its list of the Top 20 Places to Visit in the World.