Monday News Update: First Day of School Edition
Today in Memphis, we head back to school, get D-ed up by Tony Allen, and consider the fancy new Midtown Kroger. Also, Kanye West has his eye on Graceland.
All of that (and more) is in today's Memphis News Update:
I took this at the <mancontrol> show at Crosstown Arts on Saturday night, before the show started (and the lights got set in motion). If you'd like to see your Instagram photos feaured here, tag them #ilovememphis.
– Happy first day of school to all of the kids, teachers and parents who are headed back today. Hope it's been a great one.
– I know this story is a couple of days old, but Tony Allen's methods of coaching his basketball camp are hilarious. First team all D!
– A British tabloid is reporting that Kanye West wants to buy Graceland for Kim Kardashian, which leads me to believe that he's never seen Graceland (it's not nearly as big as you'd think it would be).
– In other property news, Prince Mongo might be willing to part with the Castle, as long as it's on his terms.
– And speaking of Elvis, check out this cool hand-drawn map of Elvis-related places.
– Attention, fans of Emerald Thai Restaurant: it's moving from Mt. Moriah to Highway 64 in Lakeland.
Have a tip for I Love Memphis? If you've got a tip for ILM, send me an email. If you'd like to submit a story, photo gallery, video or something else for the blog, do that here. If you've got an event coming up, please add it to the calendar, and if you're not already, follow ILM on Facebook and/or Twitter and/or Instagram and/or Pinterest.