Friday News Update: Super Cheap Beer, Openings, High Praise, Penguins
Today in Memphis, Buzzfeed and the New York Times give us high praise, Tamp and Tap attempts to kill their kegs this weekend, and a new sweets shop is set to open. Also, there's a penguin cam.
All of that (and more) is in today's Memphis news update:
Instagrammer @rachelsan0606 snapped a picture of the Candy Chang-style Before I Die wall at Jerry's Snow Cones. I like the person who wants to be a Pokemon. If you'd like to see your Memphis Instagram photos featured here, tag them #ilovememphis.
– First, it's Friday. And what's better on a Friday than super cheap beer? Nothing. Tamp and Tap is having a Kill the Kegs party starting today at 4 p.m. and running through the weekend (until supplies run out). All of their craft beers on tap (High Cotton, Ghost River, Shafly, Yazoo, Brooklyn) are $2.50 per pint.
– Buzzfeed has declared Memphis to be one of the 10 most hospitable cities. Let's take them out to dinner next time they're in town, ok?
– Overton Park has gotten so awesome that parking has become a bit of a problem. Don't worry – they're working on it.
– The New York Times reporter who wrote this piece about Memphis did very thorough barbecue research and came up with a lot of the same conclusions that Memphians have. High five, Seth Kugel.
– More good news for Overton Square: a candy store, called Sweet Noshings, is going to open this fall.
– This is a penguin cam. It's exactly what it sounds like, and you're going to love it.
Have a tip for I Love Memphis? If you've got a tip for ILM, send me an email. If you'd like to submit a story, photo gallery, video or something else for the blog, do that here. If you've got an event coming up, please add it to the calendar, and if you're not already, follow ILM on Facebook and/or Twitter and/or Instagram and/or Pinterest.