Win Tickets to See Mac Miller at Minglewood Hall on Saturday

Posted by Holly Whitfield | June 25th 2013 2256 0

I've got two tickets to the Mac Miller show at Minglewood Hall on Saturday night for one lucky ILM reader.

Screen Shot 2013-06-25 at 11.30.19 AM

The show is at Minglewood Hall at 9 p.m. on Saturday night, June 29th. Chance the Rapper, the Internet and Vince Staples are the opening acts, and it should be a pretty fun show.

Want to go? Leave a comment on this post telling me why by noon on Thursday, June 27. Special consideration will be given to those who submit their replies in rhyme. Please keep it PG-13.

Ready, go!

UPDATE: Congrats to Craig S., who won the tickets because I'm not one to get in the way of romance. Good luck with your lady!

Comments

1. Chance is pretty awesome.

Mac is pretty crazy.

I live really close to Memphis,

And I'd love to take my lady.

This show sounds so incredible

and I know that she would trip

if I could steal her off to Minglewood

to watch these rappers spit.

To go hear "Watching Movies",

or maybe "Cocoa Butter Kisses"..

And if the night is perfect,

I may make her my Mrs….

2. Blaine Johnson says:

I see ya got two tickets that ya tryin to give away

If I don't win this contest, I'm going anyway.

See Mac my favorite rapper, I know that you can see it, I'd even rap against him, just so I could meet him

Saturdays coming soon, I'm lookin for some tickets…me and my buddy Alex, never been the richest.

We fell for that scam, just a while back, and he can be my witness, we got no money back

Like I said b4…we will be there regardless, cuz MACADELIC is SICK! And to me he's the hardest…THAT'S WHY I SHOULD GET THESE TWO TICKETS

3. Melanie Montgomery says:

If I don't win these tickets to go see Mac.

My husband would think it was pretty whack.

Please don't give me any flack

on just how much my rhyming skills lack.

Ok, I tried. I really wanna win these tickets!

4. Trent from North Memphis says:

Livin in the M I see nothing but Three Six

You know they cool but a brutha gotta have his picks

So a year ago I heard about this dude named Mac

Who's flow was so tight I didn't even wanna jack

The dopeness of the rhymes that come out of Mr. Miller

Creates the perfect setup for a one night thriller

The Steel Town boy coming through my town

The land of Grit and Grind on the quest for the crown

This ain't Pittsburgh, there ain't no party on Fifte Avenue

Its Memphis and a Set on Madison will do.

5. Ponce Beyond says:

This call this the city where we grind….a timeline of the working class, looking for our time to shine. This is Memphis baby, we work a 9 to 5… We play from 6 to 8, home of Memphis greats Booker T. & Isaac Hayes! Welcome Mac Miller…that kid about his scrilla. Rock a crowd like a pastor… Minglewood Plaza! Lol…just something crazy 8, droppin’ on y’all in hopes of going to this show! @RealPonceBeyond #DMG #TROM

6. Christine Li says:

Let me paint you an illustration,

For why I want to be a part of this pre-July 4th celebration.

On my boyfriend and I’s very first date, I asked, “Who’s your favorite artist?”

He replied, “Mac Miller. Don’t hate!”

Unfortunately, he’s never been able to see him perform live,

But I can change that, with this little juke and jive.

Oh my! What a feeling that would be,

To be a champ like the Heat, and “Nikes On My Feet”

So I’m giving this a shot and trying to be clever,

But only you, Ms. Crawford, can make this THE “Best Day Ever.”

7. Brad wheeler says:

Mac Miller is a show , he has a original style, and original flow. I been waiting on him to come to Memphis to perform, considering Memphis is where stars are born. So show me some love Memphis, because I truly represent this, take a look at my cover photo, it reads "I Love Memphis"