Monday News Update: Sloth Boat Edition
I'm not going to lie: we've Memphis' official slow news point, that time between the end of May and the beginning of August when not a whole lot happens. But, we must soldier on with today's Memphis news update.
Today, we've got a some stormy weather (but no idea how much), the return of the city's unofficial splash park, a chance to vote on the Tiger's new home court and – because it's Monday – a sloth on a boat.
This polite request was shot by Instagrammer @masonae. If you'd like to see your Instagram photos fearured here, tag them #ilovememphis.
– Memphis is supposed to get some rain over the next few days, but one local meteorologist can only speculate as to how much rain we'll actually get.
– Good news! The fountains at Civic Center Plaza (you know, the city's unofficial splash park) are now safe for summer frolicking.
– Do you have strong feelings on what the Tigers' home court should look like? The team is inviting fans to vote on new court designs for the 2013-2014 season.
– It's Monday. Mondays are tough. Have a sloth on a boat.
– The Blu-Ray release of Craig Brewer's first film, "The Poor and Hungry" is coming out in November.
– Voting is now open in the M Awards, Memphis Sport magazine's annual reader's poll. Vote for your favorite local sports moments before June 30.
Have a tip for I Love Memphis? If you've got a tip for ILM, send me an email. If you'd like to submit a story, photo gallery, video or something else for the blog, do that here. If you've got an event coming up, please add it to the calendar, and if you're not already, follow ILM on Facebook and/or Twitter and/or Instagram and/or Pinterest.