Monday News Update: Bob Dylan and Zip Car Come to Town, Some Necessary Grizz Reading and More
Welcome to the working week, y'all.
Today in Memphis, we've got a ton of Grizz-themed goodness, Bob Dylan and ZipCar are coming to town, and there are cheap haircuts in Court Square today. All of that (and tons more) is in today's Memphis news update.
But first, check out @glassesmalone's picture from the Redbirds game yesterday:
I'd love to feature your Memphis Instagram photos here, but I can't unless you tag them #ilovememphis. Do that, and you may see them on a future post.
– The Grizz may have lost to the Clippers on Saturday night, but that's not going to happen tonight, right guys? Right? The game starts at 9:30 p.m. central (because it's in L.A.). To get you in the mood, consider this article about why you should adopt the Grizz as your playoff team of choice, read Chris Herrington's take on what went wrong (and right) at the last game, or listen to the hilarious audio from MSL's annual "Have Grizz announcer Rick Trotter say anything" show. Lastly, @bryan_rollins made a super cool graphic of the Grizz Playoff Prayer.
– Bob Dylan is bringing his Americana Tour – which also features Wilco and My Morning Jacket – back to Memphis. It'll be at AutoZone Park on July 2.
– Oh happy day: "Hustle & Flow" is available for instant streaing on Netflix.
– Need a haircut? Rachel's Salon is giving them out in Court Square from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. today. The only catch is that you have to donate at least $10 to the Gulf Restoration Network in honor of Earth Day.
– Remember that time we contemplated if ZipCar could work in Memphis? Good news – it can. The car sharing service is launching in Memphis on Thursday, April 25 with four cars. Rentals are $7.50 per hour or $69 per day, and two cars will be at S. Main and Gayoso, and two will be at S. Main and Huling.
– If you're headed to Memphis in May, go ahead and read up on this year's security precautions.
– Alas, daytime TV viewers, Judge Joe Brown has lost his CBS syndication. He might run for senate, though, so there's that.
– Does your business need a bike corral? The city engineering division and Saris Cycling Group are giving one away.
Know of something great in Memphis? If you've got a tip for ILM, send me an email. If you'd like to submit a story, photo gallery, video or something else for the blog, do that here. If you've got an event coming up, please add it to the calendar, and if you're not already, follow ILM on Facebook and/or Twitter and/or Instagram and/or Pinterest.