Give Me Your Best Food Pun, Win a Giant Bag of Locally Produced Groceries
Ahem, local foodies: I've got a contest for you, but you'd better act quickly.
Whole Foods Poplar has given me a gigantic bag full of locally-produced groceries to give away to one lucky I Love Memphis reader. All of the items in the (very full) bag come from within 200 miles of Memphis.
Here's what's in the big, thermal tote bag:
– Giadella's pizza (Nashville, Tenn.)
– Lucchesi's gorgonzola spinach ravioli (Memphis, Tenn.)
– GrowAgra organic wheatgrass juice (Paris, Tenn.)
– Daily Blessing goat milk soap (Hernando, Miss.)
– Thistle Farms body balm (Nashville, Tenn.)
– J. Brooks Coffee (Memphis, Tenn.)
– Lucchesi's marinara sauce (Memphis, Tenn.)
– Kalli's baklava (Memphis, Tenn.)
– International Foods Tahitian bon bons (Smyrna, Tenn.)
– OC Vegan Green Goddess Popcorn (Memphis, Tenn.)
– Aquation water (Nashville, Tenn.)
– Memphis Marinades chicken seasoning (Memphis, Tenn.)
– Nikki's Hot Seasoning (Memphis, Tenn.)
If you combine the pasta, sauce, water and baklava, that's pretty much dinner.
Want it? Here's the deal:
1. You must leave a comment on this post that includes some kind of food-related pun by 5 p.m. today (April 18th, 2013).
2. You must be at least 21 years old.
3. You must be in the Memphis area (because this thing is way to big to mail).
I'll pick a winner based on the quality / groan-worthiness of the pun, based on my own silly whims. If they're all so awesome that I can't choose, I'll enlist the help of a stranger (likely a derby girl). Ready, go!
***We have a winner!***
Congrats to Brooke, who won for this pun:
"A hungry traveller stops at a monastery and is taken to the kitchens. A brother is frying chips. 'Are you the friar?' he asks. 'No. I'm the chip monk,' he replies."