Tuesday News Update: New Restaurants Open, Sub Shop Moves, Broadway Shows Announced and More
Happy Tuesday, y'all.
Today in Memphis, we've got a ton of local food news (openings! movings! recipes!), a big Broadway announcement, and one of the best Twitter accounts of 2013. All of that and more is in today's Memphis news update.
But first, check out this yard art memorial, spotted by Instagrammer @rachgsmith:
I want to feature your Memphis Instagram photos here. All you have to do to get them on my radar is tag them #ilovememphis.
– Finally: someone has made a sandwich companion for Justin Timberlake's song "Suit and Tie". Behold the "Soup and Thai".
– The Orpheum has announced their 2013-14 Broadway Season, and I've got three words for you: "Book of Mormon".
– In new restaurant news, wonderdude Taylor Berger (Yolo, Chiwawa) announced that he's opening a new coffee shop / cafe on the first floor of Van Vleet Flats downtown. Also, the Brass Door now has a British sister: the Mad Earl is now open next door to the Irish pub.
– Forbes is still trying to get on our good side: they've listed Memphis on their list of 19 cities with emerging downtowns.
– Good news: Chinese Sub Shop isn't closing – they're just moving. The new location is going to be on Summer Ave.
– This is cool: Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. is speaking at the U of M Law School's graduation in May.
Know of something happening in Memphis? If you've got a tip for ILM, send me an email. If you'd like to submit a story, photo gallery, video or something else for the blog, do that here. If you've got an event coming up, please add it to the calendar, and if you're not already, follow ILM on Facebook and/or Twitter and/or Instagram and/or Pinterest.