Thursday News Update: Jobs, Mea Culpas and Secret Fears
Today in Memphis, there are more job opportunities, a barbeuce mea culpa, free flu shots, and a call for all hotties. Also, we learn about Zach Randolphs' secret fears.
All of that and tons more is in your Thursday Memphis news update:
I didn't mean to see the Special Victims Unit at the P&H last night, but I'm glad I did. They're exactly the kind of punk rock that my inner 15 year-old girl loves, and their song about Party Cat made my day.
I want to feature your Memphis photos on the site. Please tag them #ilovememphis on Instagram if you'd like to see them here.
– As you probably know, the U.S. is in the grips of a monster flu this winter. If you haven't already, GO GET A FLU SHOT. Here's a list of places in Memphis where you can get one for free.
– After 12 years of promoting and supporting local music and culture, Live From Memphis has called it quits. It was a great (and useful) site, and I wish Chris and Sarah nothing but the best in everything they do going forward.
– Attention, hot people (or friends of hot people): the Memphis Flyer is looking for you for their annual Hotties Issue.
– Want to know what could have been? Check out this story about some abandoned Memphis plans found in the City Hall basement. Also in vintage Memphis news, you can now read the local police blotter from 1858 – 1860 online.
– Remember that Englishman who ate "Memphis" barbecue in Texas and thought he knew what was up? He finally made it to Memphis and managed to correct himself before he wrecked himself.
– Looking for work? The Dixon Gallery and Gardens is hiring a communications associate and a membership coordinator and Shafly Brewing is looking for a Memphis-based sales rep.
– Huh. Z-Bo is terrified of cats.
I can't do it alone: If you've got a tip for I Love Memphis, send me an email. If you'd like to submit a story, photo gallery, video or something else for the blog, do that here. If you've got an event coming up, please add it to the calendar, and if you're not already, follow ILM on Facebook and/or Twitter and/or Instagram.