Wednesday News Update: Get Well, Jerry Lawler Edition
It's Wednesday, and you know what that means: Jerry Lawler updates, honors for teachers, free documentary screenings and a picture of Dusty Springfield hanging out with a tiny monkey. It'll all make sense in a minute.
– Jerry Lawler suffered a heart attack during WWE Monday Night Raw earlier this week. He's still hospitalized, but there are plenty of reasons to be optimistic that the 62 year-old wrestler / local legend / sometimes mayoral candidate will be just fine.
– Congratulations to the 130 "irreplacable" teachers honored at the MCS Prestige Awards. Thank you for all that you do.
– Want to see Peter Jackson's new West Memphis Three documentary? There are six free Memphis-area screenings coming up, starting tonight.
– For those of you who missed getting one of the Memphis-themed, Tigers game appropriate shirts from United Pixelworkers, they've issued another small run of the shirts.
– Here's an NPR story on one of Memphis' more obscure legendary recording studios. Sidenote – the story art is a picture of a fabulously coiffed Dusty Springfield hanging out with a tiny monkey.
– If you had tickets to see Lynyrd Skynyrd at the Memphis Botanic Gardens a few weeks ago, don't forget that the rescheduled show is tonight.