Monday News Update: Stay Rad Edition
Today in Memphis, we welcome Elvis Week visitors and Memphis in May's next honored country, get a brand new workout plan and learn that frustration + internet = meme.
Here's your rainy Monday news update:
Photo by Jonathan Hill (aka @jonathanathan on Instagram). If you'd like to see your Memphis pictures here, tag them #ilovememphis.
– Happy Elvis Week, y'all. If you're visiting from out of town, welcome! If you're a local, I know you'll be kind to our visiting friends. Here's a full listing of all of the week's festivities.
– Despite the fairly miserable drought that's gripping most of the country, have no fear – the Agricenter's annual corn maze is still going to happen.
– Memphis in May has announced next year's honored country and, drum roll please, it's Sweden. Here's hoping that they either bring some black metal bands or Jens Lekman to Beale St. Music Fest next year.
– Sometimes, you get frustrated. Sometimes, when you're frustrated, you take to the internet to vent. And sometimes – like in the case of this Memphis woman – that venting becomes a meme.
– Finally, workout plan specifically designed for Memphians who feel the need to multitask: Workouts You Can Do With a Half-Rack of Ribs in Your Mouth.