Eat This: The Slider Inn’s Lobster Roll

Posted by Holly Whitfield | August 12th 2011 4293 0

I know that you probably want to try the sliders at the brand new Slider Inn, but I have to recommend that on at least one trip, you skip the sliders and go for the lobster roll.

Lobster sandwich from the Slider Inn, Memphis, Tenn.

The roll isn’t really a roll so much as it is a bunch of lobster salad on a giant, folded piece of Texas Toast-style bread. It’s apparently a New England thing. The Slider Inn’s owner, Aldo, told me that they only use Maine lobster and import the bread. It comes with a mountain of fries, a pickle, and some spicy mayo (which I dipped my fries in – the sandwich was pretty good on its own).

At $15.99, it’s the priciest thing at the Slider Inn (which sort of rules it out of my regular diet), but it’s the sort of thing that makes for a good special occasion meal.

Slider Inn menu, Memphis, Tenn.

The Slider Inn is having their grand opening (and unveiling of their full menu) tonight. They’re open daily for lunch and nightly for dinner and drinking.

Go There:

The Slider Inn

2117 Peabody Avenue
Memphis, TN 38104-4255
(901) 725-1155

Comments

1. Leefordlyle says:

I think it’s burbon mayo, not spicy.

Definately delicious.

2. Corey Mesler says:

Can I get a menu for Slider Inn online?

3. JJames says:

HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE.

Entire experience there was horrible. They weren’t organized – and I think it was mostly our server, who I won’t call out. He was creepy, lingered around our table and knew limited about of information about the food.

The Memphis original was nothing to write home about. The buns were cold – refrigerator cold – and the seasoning was too salty. The options on the menu are boring and not original at all.

And no starters?? I realize this was during the “soft opening” phase. But the way I look at it, if you’re taking my money in exchange for a service or product, you’re open.

Not going back. And none of had pickle spears on our plates.

4. Linda Snyder says:

I’m a transplant from New England! My suggestion on the lobster roll would be easy on the lemon juice. I had your lobster roll last night and the flavor of the lemon juice overwhelmed the flavor of the lobster. Just a suggestion.

5. Mom22 says:

The best service my friends and I have ever had in the midtown area! The best sliders I’ve ever had in this town! I plan on going at least once a week! I love all the smiles I got from the staff when I walked in the door! Great vibe, Great place, Great Food, Great service!!!

6. Matthew says:

Don't listen to JJAmes, apparently someone doesn't realize that soft openings are to work out the kinks.
    I went to the opening day of Slider Inn and it was chaos. However a visit weeks later was great. The service was excellent, the full menu was ready and the food was great.