Elvis’s 75th Birthday Party
As you know, one Elvis week isn’t good enough for Memphis. We’ve got two annually- one celebrating the king’s death (in August) and one celebrating his birth (in January).
If Elvis were still alive, he would turn 75 on Friday, January 8th.
If you’re in the mood to celebrate, Graceland’s going to be a weekend-long birthday party. Here are some of the events:
Thursday, January 7th:
– Elvis’s 75th Birthday Tupelo Day Tour – Take a trip to Tupelo to see the sights in the town where Elvis was born.
Friday, January 8th:
– Elvis Presley Day Ceremony – Lisa Marie Presley and Priscilla Presley will be at Graceland for Elvis’s birthday. After a short ceremony, there will be cake and coffee in the Chrome Grille. It starts at 9:30 a.m.
– Elvis Night with the Memphis Grizzlies. The Grizz will be taking on the Utah Jazz at the FedEx Forum. There will be Elvis music, video clips and live entertainment.
– Elvis Dance Party – The Mariott East is hosting an Elvis dance party from 8 p.m. – midnight.
Saturday, January 9th
– Elvis’s Birthday Bash on Beale – All of the clubs on Beale will be celebrating Elvis’s birthday with drink specials and special entertainment. You can get a wristband that gets you into all of the clubs for $15.
– Elvis Pops with the Memphis Symphony Orchestra – The MSO will be playing Elvis songs and selections from the scores of Elvis Movies at the Canon Center at 8 p.m.
For more information on all of Elvis’s birthday activities, check out the official list of activities.