5 Things To Do This Weekend: 5/3 – 5/5
Happy May, Memphis! Memphis In May is here, but that’s not the only thing going on. Here are the five things you won’t want to miss, plus a few extras.
But first, check out what’s been going on this week on the blog: Cinco de Mayo ideas (basically a list of Mexican restaurants and places to get margaritas, all the festival food to eat at Beale Street Music Fest, the top ten things to do at Shelby Farms, the Levitt Shell’s spring music lineup, and Volunteer Odyssey’s ten super fun ways to give back this month, some of which are this weekend.
Ok, here are the five things to do this weekend in Memphis:
1. Beale Street Music Festival, Tom Lee Park, Friday – Sunday, single day tickets $60, all ages
Memphis In May kicks off with Beale Street Music Festival this weekend, and they’re expecting a nearly sold-out crowd for headliners like Dave Matthews (who’s been seen hanging out downtown this week), The Killers, Khalid, Cardi B, and many, many more. Big surprises are coming for Saturday, y’all. See the full lineup here. Get you a single day pass for Friday or Saturday or see if anyone trustworthy (read: not a dude on the street) is re-selling Sunday or 3-day passes.
2. Cafe du Memphis, Tiger Lane, Saturday, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m., $10 – $20, all ages/kid-friendly
Enjoy breakfast while you support the Dorothy Day House in Memphis. For $10, get coffee and beignets; for $20, get coffee, beignets, and shrimp and grits. Head over to Tiger Lane to check it out and give back to this organization that supports families experiencing homelessness.
3. Dixon Family Day, Dixon Gallery & Gardens, Saturday, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m., free, all ages/kid-friendly
Go check out the Dixon’s new Tommy Farnsworth Education Building and new gardens this weekend for family day. They’ll have games, demos, performances, interactive experiences, and more.
4. Opera Memphis Family Day, Clark Opera Center, Saturday, 1 p.m. – 4 p.m., free, all ages/kid-friendly
On Saturday afternoon, Opera Memphis will have horse rides, kids’ activities, and a performance of kid-friendly opera The Playground King, plus food from Stanley’s Sweet Street Treats.
5. May Day / Bristerfest, Memphis Made, Saturday, 11 a.m. – ’til, $10-$15 suggested donatio, all ages/kid-friendly
Memphis Made Brewing will host the 7th annual Bristerfest, with local live music acts, art, and vendors, plus their usual tasty beers and taproom fun.
- Also… our 901 FC soccer team plays a home game on Saturday at 3 p.m. against the Birmingham Legion, and if you haven’t been to a match at AutoZone Park yet, what are you waiting for?! These games are super fun. Read more here and get your tickets here.
Saturday, come be apart of the madness as our boys in blue take on Birmingham. Kickoff is at 3. Match will end then you can head to musicfest to see the headliners. pic.twitter.com/VWoviLcgiT
— Bluff City Mafia (@BluffCityMafia) May 2, 2019
For even more things to do this weekend, check out the blog’s calendar here.