Places Open in Memphis on New Year’s Day 2019
We are almost to 2019! Here’s a running list of places open on New Year’s Day. Some are serving special brunches while others will just offer their regular menu. Call ahead if you have questions, and it’s strongly recommended to make reservations whenever possible!
If you know of another place that will be open or have a special event or brunch, please leave the info in the comments section. This is definitely a work in progress. For a list of New Year’s Eve events, click here.
Here’s the list:
– Aldo’s Pizza’s Midtown and Downtown locations are open regular hours.
– Amerigo is open regular hours.
– B.B. King’s is open regular hours.
– Bardog Tavern is open regular hours.
– Blind Bear is open regular hours.
– The Bluff is open regular hours.
– Brookhaven Pub is open regular hours.
– Capriccio Grill at the Peabody is open regular hours.
– Celtic Crossing hosts a NYD Brunch from 10:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Regular menu service begins at 3:00 p.m.
– Char is open regular hours.
– Flying Saucer’s Cordova and Downtown locations are both open 11:00 a.m. to midnight.
– HM Dessert Lounge hosts a New Year’s Day Hangover Brunch featuring music and mimosas from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
– The Half Shell’s Mendenhall and Southwind locations are both open 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
– Huey’s is mostly open regular hours. Check the link for a list of locations and holiday hours.
– India Palace is open regular hours.
– Kooky Canuck is open 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 a.m.
– Lafayette’s is open 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m, with brunch served from 11:00 to 3:00 p.m. A musical tribute to Townes Van Zandt starts at 4:00 p.m.
– LBOE hosts a Bowl Game Watch Party from 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
– Local on the Square is open regular hours.
– Midtown Crossing Grill is open only 11:00 to 3:00 p.m. for brunch.
– Mr. P’s Buffalo Wings hosts a New Year’s Day Bowl Games event with food and drink specials from 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
– Patrick’s is open regular hours.
– Pumping Station is open regular hours.
– R.P. Tracks is open regular hours.
– Robilio’s Sidecar Cafe serves up a traditional New Year’s Day Lucky Meal from 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
– Slider Inn is open regular hours.
– Young Avenue Deli is open regular hours.
A few other things to do on New Year’s Day:
The 42nd Annual Ski Freeze allows water-skiers, wakeboarders and tubers to take a short pull on the Wolf River Channel for a $30 donation to the Dream Factory of Memphis.
Memphis Hightailers Bicycle Club hosts a Polar Bear Ride in the morning.
And you can recycle your Christmas tree at the Agricenter International from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on New Year’s Day.
Happy Bicentennial Year, Memphis!
About The Contributor
Aisling Maki is a freelance writer, editor, and public and media relations specialist with awards from The Associated Press, Society of Professional Journalists and Public Relations Society of America, as well as several awards for fiction writing. Her work has appeared in publications in more than 20 countries. You can usually find her cheering on the Grizzlies, doing outdoorsy things, or traveling with her daughter, Brídín. They live in Cooper-Young with a dog, a guinea pig and a pair of pet mice.