5 Things To Do This Weekend: 11/30 – 12/2
Happy Marathon Weekend, Memphis! In this post, you’ll find five things to do that you won’t want to miss this weekend.
If you’re looking for even more ideas – or more information on the St. Jude Memphis Marathon on Saturday – check out some of these posts:
– Christmas and Holiday Parades
– Holiday Markets Shopping Guide
– Memphis Holiday Events
– Our Favorite Memphis Holiday Traditions
– 50 Free Things To Do In Memphis
– Guide To The 2018 St. Jude Marathon
– Deals & Discounts for St. Jude Marathon Runners
– 13 Places To Carb Load For The St. Jude Marathon
Here are your five things to do in Memphis this weekend…
1. Delight at the Concourse, Crosstown Concourse, Friday, 5 p.m. – 8 p.m., free, all ages/kid-friendly
The Crosstown Concourse building will flip on the awesome 100-foot-tall lights in the Central Atrium this Friday. At the same time, Crosstown Arts will have their open house, and Choose 901 and Cheryl Pesce will have their sales/open houses. If you haven’t tried one of the new restaurants (I especially recommend Global Café) it’s the perfect time to check out all the new things and the holiday lights.
2. Trolley Night/Holiday Market, South Main, Friday, 6 p.m. – 9 p.m., free, all ages/kid-friendly
It’s a special holiday trolley night this week, with shops and galleries along the street hosting open houses. Check out the list of events here.
3. St. Jude Memphis Marathon, Midtown + Downtown, Saturday, 7:30 a.m. – 3 p.m., free to cheer, all ages/kid-friendly
This annual marathon is the largest one-day fundraiser for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital and Memphis will host 70,000 runners, volunteers, and spectators from around the world. It’s a BIG DAY in Memphis. Expect traffic delays and road closures all over downtown and midtown (though the route covers much less of midtown this year). If you’re not running, please join me – Holly – at Mile 15 (N. Parkway and McLean) for our cheer section. Allllll the guides and details are linked above.
4. Stumbling Santa Pub Crawl, Flying Saucer + Beale Street, Saturday, 7 p.m. – 11 p.m., unwrapped new toy, 21+
It’s the 14th annual Stumbling Santa Pub Crawl, benefitting the children of Porter-Leath. About 2,000 Santas (and Mrs. Clauses, and elves, etc.) will gather at the downtown Flying Saucer for the event – the cost of entry is an unwrapped new toy to be donated – the crawl then proceeds to Beale Street, where the next stops are revealed. (If you’re not into the pub crawl idea, you can still give back at the annual Porter-Leath Toy Truck event.)
5. Memphis v. UCF Watch Parties, Various Locations, Saturday, 2:30 p.m., free to enter, ages vary
The Memphis Tigers football team takes on the UCF Knights for the AAC Championship game with a 2:30 p.m. kickoff. It’s an away game, but if you didn’t make the trip to Orlando, you can still cheer on the Tigers at one of several local watch parties. U of M Alumni are hosting one on the field at the Liberty Bowl that’s free and open to the public, and there are others around town: Brookhaven Pub, The Casual Pint, Newby’s, and The Bluff. I’m sure there are others – please leave a note in the comments.
Also, the downtown Memphis Holiday Parade is on Saturday at 4 p.m. on Beale Street. See even more on the holiday events guides listed above and the blog’s calendar.
Have a great weekend and good luck to all the marathoners and St. Jude supporters!